Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

12 Posts

June 3rd, 2021 02:00

Aurora R10, flashing Alienhead at Startup

Hi, every time i switch on my new Aurora R10 (5900x, 6800xt, 32GB HyperX Fury 3466MHz xmp, latest bios version, BAR on auto) the Alienhead flashes 3 times in white color (2-1 Code, not amber) and then starts up normally. Problem does not occur while rebooting, only on startup. Is there something wrong with it? Diagnostics said no problems at all... Any hints? Thanx alot

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2021 09:00

See if disabling windows fast startup eliminates the issue. 

12 Posts

June 5th, 2021 01:00

I tried to disable fast startup, but it didnt change anything.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 5th, 2021 11:00

Could you try disabling ReBAR in your motherboard bios, and see if the problem goes away?

Technically speaking it should work fine with an AMD card, but AMD calls it SAM instead of Rebar, and there might be some odd compatibility issue or a firmware bug causing the issue.

This is what the diagnostic lights mean:

Number of Power LED flashes Problem description
1 System board: BIOS and ROM failure
2 No memory or RAM detected
3 System board or chipset error
4 Memory or RAM failure
5 CMOS battery failure
6 Video card or chip failure
7 CPU failure
3,6 BIOS recovery image not found
3,7 BIOS recovery image found but invalid

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

June 11th, 2021 10:00

Yes, that could be it. Pushing an overclock to high can do that and cause instability.

12 Posts

June 11th, 2021 10:00

Unfortunately disabled sam/bar support did not solve the problem. Maybe awcc causes the problem, because every time i switch oc mode in awcc and restart, the white flashing alienhead comes up too. So imho it has something to do with switching bios options in windows...

12 Posts

July 27th, 2021 23:00

The 2-1 flashing even occurs when OC is disabled... Dell changed mobo, memory and cpu. Problem persists. Anybody with same problem and could solve it? I dont think, that i am the only person with r10 and this problem...

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

July 28th, 2021 04:00

That's an odd one, since they changed all the main components. Could be some kind of issue with REBAR and AMD CPU/Video Card combination. I have not noticed anyone else reporting this issue.

R10's are typically pretty solid with few reported issues.

Maybe someone else has an idea, because I am out of ideas. Realistically since they changed everything else out besides the video card and the PSU, those are the only 2 main items left to change...

I have seen some users reporting oddball behavior sometimes from Alienware Control Center. you could try uninstalling it and see if that makes the issue go away.

12 Posts

August 2nd, 2021 02:00

I uninstalled ACC, but that didnt change anything. Besides psu and video card it could also be the led controller/chassis or the killer wifi card. Is there anybody with same or similar system, who doesnt have these issues? I just want to be sure it is an unique issue...

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2021 07:00

Try uninstalling the Alienware OC control program, it is separate from AWCC.  If the problem were due to an oc setting, it would be due to the OC control program, not AWCC.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2021 07:00

AWCC has no control over OC settings by itself. This is the program that could cause this error: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

No Events found!