Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

July 17th, 2020 09:00

Aurora R10, game crashing, graphic update?

I've not long had my Aurora R10 and it keeps crashing my game saying there is a AMD graphic update? What is this? What do I need to do? Spending £1300 I really hope it's nothin expensive.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2020 12:00

Thank you so much for the point in the right direction.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 17th, 2020 12:00

@JRannard 

Please specify what components you have in your system, and perhaps a screenshot of the error message. Guessing that you simply need to check for a newer AMD video card driver.

5 Posts

August 15th, 2020 20:00

I too upgraded to AMD and have problems regularly with crashes. I went as far as adding additional cooling and exhaust. This is just a garbage product and unfortunately in tandem with covid, we have all been screwed by dell. I would recommend never buying dell. Their support will not even coordinate with me on a **bleep** phone call. 

55 Posts

August 17th, 2020 21:00

@urbanato - "I too upgraded to AMD and have problems regularly with crashes......"

"Upgraded" what to AMD? You bought a new machine with an AMD processor? You bought a new machine with AMD graphics? You bought a new machine with both AMD CPU & GPU? You actually upgraded a component in your machine by replacing it with an AMD product? 

You've given nothing to go on here except a rant against Dell concerning a "garbage product" that you've failed to even define.

55 Posts

August 17th, 2020 21:00

You haven't given much to go on here. What graphics card you have or what game you're playing. I have an AMD RX 5700 XT and when playing Doom Eternal for the first time, it required a new AMD graphics driver. This wasn't some "Dell conspiracy", AMD & NVIDIA actually coordinated with ID software to write specific drivers that included optimizations for the game. 

5 Posts

August 19th, 2020 07:00

I have a r10, water cooled, ryzen 3900, vega hbm2 16gb config. If you don't think its trash then that's your prerogative. It's not NVIDIA.

No Events found!