Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 17:00

Aurora R11, new, order status?

Does anyone else have this frustration? I just bought my new Aurora R11 which I am super excited about however my ship date has an ETA of July 9th but I got an email from order support saying 

As per our records, your order is in the final stages of production and is estimated to be delivered to you by <7/9/2020>.

Expedite request has been made for the product to be delivered, you should receive an update within 24-48 hours.

Does "final stages of production" mean that it should be finished being built and then will be tested? They said they had a no shortage of parts on my order and I would think it shouldn't take till July 9th for my order to get here right? 

Just super weird and what does this expedite order mean? I already had expedited shipping. 

372 Posts

June 29th, 2020 16:00

Went to buy and out of stock

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

June 29th, 2020 19:00

@markshaheen :

Went to buy and out of stock

This is COVID-19 style demand. This is the list I have in my mind in descending rarity:

• Caselabs case <-- extinct especially a pristine fully loaded SMA-8.
  • Inwin 928 case <-- extinct?
  • Intel 10980XE CPU <-- @Anonymous 
  • Intel 10900K CPU <-- @markshaheen and all remaining PC builders who remained loyal to Intel and jumped on buying one of the boards below.
  • Reputable SFX PSU <-- buy one if you need it before telling r/sffpc
  • Reputable ATX PSU <-- r/pcmasterrace will beat you to it unless you hit up Amazon and Newegg 3 times a day.
  • Those dang "Aqua" motherboards
  • Lian Li O11D PCMR Special Edition <-- waiting for current wave of sellers on Ebay to sell off theirs before I try and make some .
  • X570 motherboards of mid to upper range for Aorus, ROG, MSI, ASRock.
  • Z490 motherboards of mid to upper range for Aorus, ROG, MSI, ASRock
  • Decent heatshrink. Yeah. Right?

Anybody wants to try slotting in Aurora R11 in the list above?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 29th, 2020 19:00

@GTS81      This is the list I have in my mind in descending rarity:

Intel 10980XE CPU <-- @Dell630i 

de-listed 

image.png

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 29th, 2020 20:00

Congrats!  Almost got it by close of fiscal year. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 29th, 2020 21:00

@r72019    Congrats! Almost got it by close of fiscal year.

The verdict is still out until arrival.  As mentioned elsewhere, I have not canceled any of my other various orders.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Would be hilarious if you ended up with three of them. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

I'd be very cautious about selling such a large value item on eBay.  It's very buyer friend, the buyer says "not as described" and you're virtually Sout of luck.  Buyer returns a bag of rocks, same deal.  Also, keep in mind that you'd need to realistically subtract $250 from that for: (1) ebay commission, 10%; (2) paypal fees, 3%; (3) shipping fees.  That's why I don't sell high value items on eBay.  And note that paypal fees are a percentage of the tax included sale price, which they require you to remit to ebay for sales into 90% of the us states.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@r72019   I'd be very cautious about selling such a large value item on eBay. It's very buyer friend . . .

Exactly why I feel comfortable taking a chance on purchasing this processor.  Do you know of a better selling platform?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@r72019    Would be hilarious if you ended up with three of them.

Actually, that is what I am hoping. Since I paid $1700 for the one being delivered, and the others are around $1200, I can flip those @ $1700 and bank $500 each. The dude I bought from on the BIG auction site (verification still pending) sold the 3 he had @ $1700+ in two days.

Note that these are the "Boxed" version . . . and not "trays".

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 29th, 2020 22:00

For bulky items or expensive items I use hardwareswap and craigslist.  I live in a big city though and never had a problem finding buyers.  It can take some time depending on the item and price and your availability. 

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

June 29th, 2020 22:00

@r72019 :

And note that paypal fees are a percentage of the tax included sale price, which they require you to remit to ebay for sales into 90% of the us states.  

I know how that feels. Just sold 2 big boxes of Lego. $200 and $250. 

23 Posts

June 30th, 2020 15:00

That's super frustrating for me.  I ordered the first day it was announced and I see my delivery date was pushed from July 7 to August!  

2080ti's are not difficult to get.  I don't understand why I'm getting pushed

671 Posts

June 30th, 2020 15:00

We're deeply sorry about the delay. Currently there is a high waiting list on the entering 2080ti's to our factory. On top of that, the global shortage has slowed down our factory. We do apologize for this inconvenience. If there's anything else we can help you out with. Please let us know. 

47 Posts

June 30th, 2020 17:00

Congratulations on your purchase.  I'd like to mention two things.  One is that I got the notice mine was "shipped" on Friday afternoon last week, but when I looked at the underlying status, that meant Dell had transmitted the shipping info.  It actually got picked up at 2 PM CT in Texas yesterday and delivered today.  I ordered 6/6 and received it 6/30.  Not bad.

But that brings me to the second thing.  I have no video output at all.  I tried 2 HDMI cables and 1 DVI-D cable on 2 different monitors.  Nothing.  The phone support person said my only option now is for ME to take it to a repair center, drop it off, and pick it up later.  I posted the whole tale in this forum for those who want to read it.

I'm reasonably sure yours will be just fine and I'm sure mine is a fluke.  Let's just say the out-of-the-box experience (OOBE) leaves MUCH to be desired.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

June 30th, 2020 22:00

@GTS81 "Reddit is also sounding the alarm that boxed 10900K is available on Neweg"

Why is there a $100 premium when going from 10900 to 10900k.  In the past this was usually a much smaller cost to unlock the cpu.

No Events found!