Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

20 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 13:00

Aurora R11, parts shortage?

Hello,

I ordered Alienware Aurora R11 on July 6, 2020 with an estimated delivery date August 13, 2020. I know patience is the key when ordering a computer that needed to be built to the specification. However, I've contacted support for an order status and they stated that it is in production and there's a shortage of parts for my built. Anyone in similar situation or know anything about the parts shortage at Dell? 

My specs are as followed: 

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply
Liquid Cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700 (8-Core, 16MB Cache,up to 4.8GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
Wired Multimedia Keyboard (English)
Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth 5.1
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
16GB Dual Channel HyperX(FM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz
Dark Side of the Moon
Windows 10 Home 64bit English

July 22nd, 2020 17:00

I had a similar build as you and ordered it mid may with a delivery date of june 25. They delayed me out to july 6th and it made it in on the second deliver date. Not sure if the same parts are on back order but when i contacted support about it they said they would expedite the order after i got my delayed order date. got it within 2 weeks after that. They never told me which part it was but I had the dark side of the moon liquid cooled with liquid cooled graphics and 32 gb ram 3200 with intel i-9 10 gen 1 tb SSD and killer wifi. Ordered duel alienware monitors at the same time and they came in a month before the computer.

50 Posts

July 22nd, 2020 23:00

It may just be parts shortages in general, due to the pandemic.

However, it recently sounded like those who ordered the 2080Ti were those most commonly encountering backorder issues.

Though that's not what you ordered, articles of the last week or so indicate Nvidia has started to halt production of the 2000 series cards, so I'd speculate the Nvidia cards in general may be having supply issues right now. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2020 05:00

Its like affecting everything work from home or stuck at home related... webcams, psus, gpus, pcs, pc parts... 

50 Posts

July 23rd, 2020 23:00

For what it's worth, I played around a bit with configuration options to see how estimated delivery dates were impacted.

Both Lunar Light chassis options with the 1000W power supply (both heatsink and liquid-cooled) have dates 2.5 weeks later than everything else right now.

The Lunar Light with other power supplies, or Dark Side with the 1000W power supplies, are not impacted like that.

20 Posts

July 27th, 2020 13:00

Update 7/27:

I've received an email from Dell asking for a review of Aurora R11. Still didn't get it yet but I wonder if it's going to ship within the next few days because of that email. I checked the order status and it's still at "Confirmed". 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

July 27th, 2020 18:00

Most likely a disconnect between their order fulfillment and marketing divisions.  I wouldn't read too much into it.

50 Posts

July 27th, 2020 22:00

I ordered the R11 on July 13, including the Lunar Light chassis with 1000W PSU and liquid cooling (which seems to be the setup causing delays).  My estimated delivery date was 8/21.

BUT... I just got notice my order has shipped and is due here 7/29, almost four weeks earlier than prior indicated.

My order status had no change from "confirmed" prior to shipping. So... wouldn't be surprised if that review request really may correlate with shipment....

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

July 28th, 2020 06:00

From a marketing perspective the ideal time to send the customer a review request is shortly after fulfillment, when the customer is most likely to still be excited about the product and actually have had a chance to use it and write a meaningful review.  Review requests received before fulfillment are more likely to be ignored and then forgotten.  Thus, there appears to be a disconnect in the fact customers are receiving review requests before fulfillment.

1 Message

July 29th, 2020 00:00

I ordered a similar one with GeForce RTX 2080TI "no water cooling" on Jun 07. It arrive on July 13. I had the pc for 4 day and video-card died. """Im so disappointed"". Since it doesn't have integrated video on motherboard, $3.9k pc is dead. After calling customer service they say my replacement """estimated""" arrival day: Aug 21. Unfortunately i will returned. I just order from OrigenPc will take 2wks to get new spec-out pc. Sorry dell.. I did try.  

6 Posts

August 17th, 2020 14:00

I order a similar one Dark 1000 watt with I7 10700k with 16 gigs and RTX 2070 super on Aug 5th delivery date October 12th LOL that’s two months! Thinking about canceling that’s a long time.

No Events found!