Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2022 07:00

Aurora R12/Win 11 and Oculus

Bought an Aurora R12 for my son this past Christmas and, to our dismay, the software he needs for his Oculus Rift S hasn't been updated for Win 11...and it looks like there's no real hurry on their part to get this done.

Seems odd to sell a gaming PC that ships with Win 11...VR is a thing and Oculus is a big player in that game...and you can't use it with Win 11.

Am I sort of on my own with this issue?  Since it shipped with Win 11, I can't roll it back to 10...

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

January 14th, 2022 09:00

imo win 11 is almost like win10 21h3 in essence, except for the graphic user interface change (MS skin).  are you able to try compatibility mode when you install Oculus Rift S software (and exactly what software you plan to install?).  right click on the exe and choose compatibility for Windows 10 if that option is available.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

January 14th, 2022 09:00

It would be Oculus that needs drivers for Windows 11. I am not sure why they would not be making sure their device works under Windows 11, because Windows 11 is the version Microsoft is going to push on all of us eventually.

2 Posts

January 14th, 2022 13:00

Not sure why I didn't think to use compatibility mode during install...only Windows version I saw in the list was 8...shrugged my shoulders and went for it.  The Oculus software installed, which my son was able to do previously, but none of the Oculus games will install (says use Windows 10 for now...sorry!) and Steam VR games wouldn't run. 

So, after reinstalling Oculus using Win 8 compatibility mode, the Oculus games still won't install...no change there, but now Steam VR games run, which is all he cares about!

Thanks for the help!

509 Posts

January 14th, 2022 15:00

This topic is all over Oculus forums. It's a windows 11 task scheduler issue since oculus server runs in the background always, windows 11 boots it into low priority

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

January 15th, 2022 10:00

Although the RiftS is still being used, it’s old hardware. If he does great in school this year get him a HP G2

No Events found!