Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2022 05:00

Aurora R13, BIOS 1.8.0 4, error, driver version fail

Today I received a message in order to update to the last version the bios of the Aurora R13 =

Bios Aurora R13  2022-11-05 134900.jpg

2 Intern

• 

261 Posts

November 5th, 2022 15:00

The USB BIOS update worked successfully for me.

9 Posts

November 5th, 2022 08:00

I just downloaded the new bios update Alienware_Aurora_R13_1.8.0_x64.

When I click to install, it keeps pop the driver failed to load. many times then my windows 11 gets stucked and lagg. I had to hard reboot.

bios 1.8.0 failed.JPG

10 Posts

I am getting same error

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

Try doing the update from within the BIOS rather than under Windows.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 5th, 2022 09:00

As the message states, you have to adjust your settings. What you need to adjust is the memory integrity protection. Core isolation 

2 Intern

• 

261 Posts

November 5th, 2022 10:00

Unfortunately, turning off core isolation didn't fix the issue for me either. I had forgotten about core isolation and so got the failure on my first installation attempt. So I disabled it, rebooted, also had overclocking disabled in BIOS. Got a different failure message that time, the "Error, Driver Version Fail !" one. So I'm going to try an installation from within the BIOS. I'll report back.

107 Posts

November 5th, 2022 20:00

I am still running bios v1.2.1 on my R13.  Just tested v1.7.0, and I noticed running Cinebench R23 that the power throttling on the i7 isn't as severe.  On v1.2.1 it will throttle down to about 150watts, where as on v1.7.0 it throttles down to about 200watts.  I also noticed the core voltage dropped from 1.4 to 1.3, which is what I was manually doing on the older bios. 

Has anyone had any issues with v1.7?  Maybe I will stay on that one.  

19 Posts

What's the point of not updating when you're asked to do so? It's always indicated that you're putting yourself at risk by not having an up-to-date bios. Not to mention that the bios works with AWCC unless you don't use it. Changing the bios has never made me change the performance. And yet, I've been doing a lot of testing for my press articles since I've had the R series under test. After that, you can do as you want but you should know that you are not protected with a bios that is not up to date.

19 Posts

You give me a very good idea it works for me too next time i'll do it like that. Thanks for this good advice.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 6th, 2022 05:00

Always ask yourself when the last time was that you had a security issue that affected you. Chances are high the answer to that question is never.

I would never update a BIOS for security fixes, unless it's a very severe security issue or I was affected by a security issue.

2 Intern

• 

261 Posts

November 6th, 2022 09:00

What bothers me about BIOS updates, or any updates for that matter is the often vague, scanty documentation of whatever changes are included. Many times it's just not easy to decide whether or not a particular update is needed. My philosophy is to wait a couple of days after an update comes out to see what others are reporting about it prior to installing it on any of my systems.

10 Posts

November 6th, 2022 12:00

How do i upload the BIOS from the USB? There is no option when I go to the F2 Dell menu? Dell R13 Ty

19 Posts

November 6th, 2022 12:00

It was on dell's post "critical" update I don't know if you know, but if you don't perform a mentioned critical update and something happens to you as a result of this warning and you didn't do the update your warranty drops.... that's why i don't want to play with this kind of update 

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 6th, 2022 14:00

Who told you your warranty is void if you do not update your BIOS? That's a new one to me.

@DELL-Chris M have you heard of such a thing?

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 6th, 2022 14:00

My opinion on this is that if everything works properly, don't update your BIOS to the next/latest version unless the change log shows a feature you need, or a fix for an issue you are experiencing.

No Events found!