Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

November 25th, 2018 18:00

Aurora R3 nor running with HIS R9 280X Boost Clock

Hi to all,

I`m trying to get my R9 280X to run with my old Aurora R3 but it obviously didn't work. Also read close to every single google entry about that. Some seem to have flashed their Bios to make it run but I cant find a version of that modded bios anywhere.

Problem is, as soon as I start the PC, the fans turn on loud, fans on the 280X running normally, but I dont get any output to the Monitor. The system  doesnt even boot to bios. If I press the power button it turns off immadiatly, so its not booting at all. My 280X has a Bios switch but without legacy <> UEFI switch. Both the same bios for overclocking. So I cant change something there.

Is there any possible way to make that run? It wont even take your programmers long to write an A7 bios which enables the use of those cards and win 10. Why do you guys refuse to give a fast update for those R3 owners :(

Would be great if you could help me in any way :)

P.S.: Sry for my bad english...

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 27th, 2018 09:00

NON UEFI motherboards require DOS VESA Video mode 103 with legacy option roms.

R series cards do not have this.

So its never going to work.

Older Radeon HD 2000, 3000, 4000,5000, 6000, 7000, 8000 cards work fine.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 27th, 2018 09:00

@Bollo89 wrote:

AMD R9 280X to run with my old Aurora R3

1. My 280X has a Bios switch but without legacy <> UEFI switch. Both the same bios for overclocking. So I cant change something there.

2. Some seem to have flashed their Bios to make it run but I cant find a version of that modded bios anywhere.

1. Right. Newer AMD video-cards apparently require a video-BIOS switch to work in both Legacy/UEFI systems. Many old posts about this here.

2. Personally, I think that hacked/fixed Aurora-R3 BIOS is just VaporWare. A lot of talk, but no one I know was ever able to find the actual file. The Aurora-R3 is Legacy-BIOS (non-UEFI ) so I think better to just accept that.

No Events found!