Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 11th, 2018 12:00

Aurora R3, not recognizing a 4th internal hard drive

hello! just wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before, or possibly knows how to fix it. the R3 has 4 3-1/2" internal bays, which are supposed to have a max capacity of 2tb per drive. the problem that i'm having is (even though I've rearranged drives many times to check for a faulty HDD, and that has never turned out to be the case), for whatever reason, windows simply does not recognize that I have a hard drive connected into my 4th bay, no matter whether it's 2tb or less. the bios recognizes it, and displays it on the boot screen, but windows simply doesn't show it at all. I have read many posts and articles suggesting that I try the disk management utility to add it to the list of recognized drives and/or assign it a different drive number than the rest. it doesn't even show up at all in the disk management utility to allow me to add it, or even change the drive number. as i'd said before, I've switched around every drive that I have just to make sure that I don't have a faulty drive. everything works perfectly, just not in bay 4. I wouldn't think that it would be faulty cables since the bios recognizes it. I've simply run into a brick wall. I have an R3, A06 bios, and running windows 10. any help or suggestions that anyone could give me would be much appreciated! thank you all SO much in advance!!!!  

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 23rd, 2020 06:00

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 11th, 2018 12:00

Well, it could be the cable.

However, if a drive and cable (as a set) work in SATA-Port-3, then it should work when you unplug-it (at the motherboard) and move it to SATA-Port-4.

You might try DiskPart-clean on the drive (while it's on a working port). Shut-down and move the cable. After startup, go to Disk Management and it should detect it as un-initialized. Maybe try MBR if you have been trying with GPT. Try with a smaller HDD (1gb or smaller).

There also might be settings (hidden deep in BIOS) that deactivates certain SATA ports.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 06:00

I am having the same problem. The 4th hard drive is showing in the bios of my Aurora R3 but it is not being recognised in disk management. Can anyone suggest any solutions?

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2020 08:00

Thanks, updating to the latest version of Rapid Storage Technology did the trick

No Events found!