Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

4 Posts

December 10th, 2018 14:00

Aurora R6, doesn't boot, status light flashes 4 times

My R6 doesn't turn on, the status light flashes 4 times an amber color, and turns off. I have read that this might be because of my RAM. I have tried moving it to other slots, but have had no luck. Should I buy new RAM? 

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

December 10th, 2018 19:00

Not knowing how many RAM modules you have, try inserting just 1 into a RAM slot (with 2 RAM modules you should be using DIMM 1 and DIMM 2). If you still get no boot, try the other RAM module in the same slot. If no boot try the other DIMM slot. If no boot then remove both RAM modules and try to boot the system. You should hear beeps. If so then the motherboard is probably ok since no RAM is detected. And it is possible that the RAM is bad. Have you recently made any changes to the system?

4 Posts

December 11th, 2018 17:00

I bought the new RAM and put it in, but it still flashes 4 times and beeps once

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2019 10:00

Hi @CKilmer

System model and revision?

If the system is in warranty, you can send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can review your case. Otherwise you can call our out of warranty department at 866 287 6727 opt#4, for more repair options.

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 10:00

Hi,

Did you ever get a resolution on this?  I have the same issue....  replaced Memory, then Motherboard....  same issue...   4 flashing lights.

No Events found!