Start a Conversation

Unsolved

WT

8 Posts

September 6th, 2020 19:00

Aurora R6, memory error after 32 upgrade

I upgraded my memory from the original 8 to 32. The pc worked fine for a couple weeks. I just came across a memory error that had to restart the pc, now I have no video. Please help. 

September 6th, 2020 20:00

I haven't replaced that battery since I bought the pc in 2017. Should this be replaced? 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Here's info:

The computer POST (Power On Self Test) ensures that it meets the basic computer requirements and the hardware is working appropriately before the boot process begins. If the computer passes the POST, the computer continues to start in a normal mode. However, if the computer fails the POST, the computer emits a series of LED codes in amber color during the start-up.

The following table shows different light patterns and what they indicate.

Table 1. Diagnostics
Number of Power LED flashes Problem description
1 System board: BIOS and ROM failure
2 No memory or RAM detected
3 System board or chipset error
4 Memory or RAM failure
5 CMOS battery failure
6 Video card or chip failure
7 CPU failure
3,6 BIOS recovery image not found
3,7 BIOS recovery image found but invalid

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

You can remove and replace the current one after 30 seconds.  When you boot and it fails post the alienhead flashes a certain number of times. That is an error code.  How many times is yours flashing.  That will give you an idea of the problem. 

Did that. Computer still turns on, but has no video still. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Try resetting cmos.  Unplug from the wall, discharge flea power, and remove the cr2032 coin cell battery behind the gpu and replace after 30 seconds.  If that doesn't work reinsert the oem ram.

September 6th, 2020 21:00

When replaced the computer boots like normal no blinking alien head. But still no video input. 

Oh boy. Can't say I'm very proficient on the internals of computers. Not sure which is the gpu. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

Could be an issue with the gpu.  You can try removing it and booting from onboard graphics to test if the issue is with the gpu.  It would also give you a chance to double check all the cable connections are secure, including behind the monitor, and reseat the gpu.  Sometimes they come loose.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

@WAR TURBO    Not sure which is the gpu. 

The graphics card. It might look something like this.

image.png

September 6th, 2020 22:00

How do I hook up the monitor without the graphics card? 

September 6th, 2020 22:00

If my graphics card is dead what can I replace it with comfortably without having to upgrade anything else? 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 7th, 2020 07:00

The motherboard has a displayport connection.  Many desktops don't have a discrete gpu.  Most Intel chips support Intel graphics.

September 7th, 2020 10:00

It's showing cmos battery failure after replacing the battery. 

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

September 7th, 2020 11:00

Cool, that's a cheap and easy fix.

No Events found!