Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

January 25th, 2018 08:00

Aurora R7, liquid cooling unit

I am seriously considering purchasing an Aurora R7 but need to know which Asetek cooler Alienware is using. This is an important question since Alienware is only using a 120mm fan/radiator combo to cool the 8700K. 

The standard Asetec 550LC uses a standard 25/30mm radiator whereas the 570LC uses a double thick 50/60mm radiator and would be significantly more effective

12 Posts

Thanks Chris.

Disappointing, that is adequate for stock clocks but questionable for an overclocked CPU. I would have expected more from AW

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

This is all we see in the parts page =

MH0HN Liquid cooled heatsink for 95w CPU, Asetek USA, vendor part 35-102-0000113

MH0HN.JPG

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 25th, 2018 13:00

The stock clock is 3.70GHz. The MH0HN Liquid cooled heatsink was more than qualified to overclock the i7-8700K up to 4.70GHz. What game would require you to go higher? 

12 Posts

January 29th, 2018 09:00

World Of Warcraft Player. WoW is pretty CPU bound. On raid nights it's 3hrs in Antorus Burning Throne. My current Rig with a 6700K @ 4.2Ghz and Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler which is rated at 250W TDP keep my CPU between 60c and 63c during the summer months and a tad cooler during the winter months living in the SoCal San Gabriel Valley.

From all the reviews I have seen the 8700K runs quite warm even under gaming loads when over clocked. My fear is with a 120mm CLC the fan will unbearably loud under such conditions trying to keep up with the 8700k heat output

43 Posts

March 13th, 2018 13:00

Chris:    I know this thread is a bit old, and I don't mean to "hijack" it -- but I am considering adding this Aurora liquid cooling unit to my air cooled Aurora R7 with a non-k i7 8700.  My question is this:  would the coolers four mounting screws fit right into the same holes that the current stock air cooler was using? - Or does this liquid cooler have some kind of a backplate that needs to be mounted on the backside of the mobo first like most AIO's?

Because if it needs a backplate that means a whole tear down and removal of the mobo (since Dell didn't make a cut out section on that side of the case to see the back of the board - which would have been nice).

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 13th, 2018 21:00

@hapkimanwrote:

Chris:    I know this thread is a bit old, and I don't mean to "hijack" it -- but I am considering adding this Aurora liquid cooling unit to my air cooled Aurora R7 with a non-k i7 8700.  My question is this:  would the coolers four mounting screws fit right into the same holes that the current stock air cooler was using? - Or does this liquid cooler have some kind of a backplate that needs to be mounted on the backside of the mobo first like most AIO's?

Because if it needs a backplate that means a whole tear down and removal of the mobo (since Dell didn't make a cut out section on that side of the case to see the back of the board - which would have been nice).

Ok good, looks like you found the Dell part (I see your question there).

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/aurora-liquid-cooling-kit/apd/412-aajj/pc-accessories#polaris-pd

Also, this:

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/UPGRADE-ALIENWARE-R5-CPU-TO-K-FROM-NON-K/td-p/6022718/page/2

I think I know the answer, but I'd rather not guess, so we will wait for @DELL-Chris M to respond.

Basically, you want to know if this Dell/Alienware Liquid-Cooler part will fit not only the Aurora-R5/R6, but also the Aurora-R7 (that originally came with stock Alienware air/fan cooler) ... and what to do about the back-plate? ... Right?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 14th, 2018 09:00

@hapkimanwrote:

I am considering adding this Aurora liquid cooling unit to my air cooled Aurora R7 with a non-k i7 8700. 

Not sure if you have an Aurora-R5 or R7, but I don't guess it matters.

So, with a newer Aurora that comes air-fan cooled from the factory...

1. Does it come with an "Top Fan" installed?
2. Does the upper case come vented?

I guess what I'm asking is the upper case ready for the Liquid-Cooler ... so it's just a matter of installing it?

2 Posts

April 4th, 2018 19:00

+1 would also like to know

June 11th, 2018 13:00

Chris M-

Is the cooler you posted the exact same as this one so it would work in an Aurora R7?

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/aurora-liquid-cooling-kit/apd/412-aajj/pc-accessories

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 11th, 2018 18:00

Yes, that Asetek-made Liquid Cooler will work on Aurora R5, R6, and R7.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R5-upgrade-CPU-non-K-to-K/td-p/6022718/page/2

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 12th, 2018 07:00

Using the Dell parts page...

MH0HN = Asetek USA 35-102-0000113, 95w liquid cooling assembly, Aurora-R7/R6
F484V = Bracket for 95w liquid cooling assembly, Aurora-R7/R6/R5
J46J2 = Heatsink, Aurora-R7/R6/R5

050NP Asetek USA 35-102-0000067, 95w liquid cooling assembly, Aurora-R5
F484V = Bracket for 95w liquid cooling assembly, Aurora-R7/R6/R5
J46J2 = Heatsink, Aurora-R7/R6/R5

1 Message

July 13th, 2018 10:00

Chris,  Just bought my son the Alienware via Newegg R7 8700 w/1070 etc, and the listing said that it came with water cooling.   So yesterday (we've had the computer for about 3 weeks) we opened it up to check to see if the system had more than 1 m.2 slot to possibly put in a Intel Optane Chip and found that they did not ship his with a Water cooling system.  We contacted Newegg and they said we could send it back and get another one or we could send it back and get a refund.  We would prefer to just get the Water cooler kit if we could because he's already invested a lot of time installing and configuring different software in addition to opening a ticket with Dell to get the boot SSD drive cleaned because from the factory it only had about 40 GB free on a 128 GB drive and he worked with someone in the Alienware dept who remoted in and freed up about 30GB and made a few other changes for him (so that would be something else he would probably have to do again if they swapped it out).  Also Newegg was not able to do a cross ship so he would have to send in the system and wait for them to receive it before they could get Dell to send out another one, so it could be 1-2 weeks without a computer.  Is there anything you can do to help?

August 21st, 2018 18:00

I’ve been searching for hours now ugh. Can someone PRETTY PRETTY please link to the official R7 liquid cooler? The rig I ordered came with air cooling and I’m having the time of my life finding the unit they put in the R7’s if I had gotten the upgrade at time of purchase. It’s driving me bonkers!

1 Message

August 27th, 2018 19:00

Im currently looking for a compatible liquid cooler for my R7 and  I cant find the MH0HN anywhere and was wondering if the 050NP would work with my aurora r7. 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 27th, 2018 20:00

@Noah7 wrote:

Im currently looking for a compatible liquid cooler for my R7 and  I cant find the MH0HN anywhere and was wondering if the 050NP would work with my aurora r7. 

Obviously, I've never tried it, but it should. It appears to just be a slightly upgraded Asetek model (maybe not even notice-able from outside).

It's sad that Dell-Parts isn't selling them, because you know they have a whole box of new-ones where they assemble the new Aurora-R7's.

Did you see this thread about the Corsair H60 (another Asetek clone).

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R6-installing-a-Corsair-H60/td-p/6108251

No Events found!