Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

February 3rd, 2019 09:00

Aurora R7, power shuts off after less than a second

On shutdown it said it was updating firmware, then power tripped off

On restart there is a click, the power button lights yellow for less than a second, then the power clicks off

Reset bios jumper.  Removed / replaced battery.

Holding the reset button on back of power supply causes the fans to stay on but power button only lights yellow for under a second.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 3rd, 2019 10:00

@joseffrisch wrote:

1. On shutdown it said it was updating firmware, then power tripped off. On restart there is a click, the power button lights yellow for less than a second, then the power clicks off

2. Reset bios jumper.  Removed / replaced battery.

3. Holding the reset button on back of power supply causes the fans to stay on but power button only lights yellow for under a second.

I'm guessing you mean Aurora-R7 .

1. I suggest you call Dell for assistance.

2. Can't think of much else. Use BIOS Recovery 2/3 procedures.

3. Sounds about right for PS Test.

1 Rookie

• 

229 Posts

February 3rd, 2019 20:00

Flash the BIOS again I have the R7 and whatever your BIOS is reinstall it or flash to latest one. I had a similar issue and the BIOS re-flash / upgrade corrected the issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 5th, 2019 13:00

Hi @joseffrisch,

If you still need help with this, send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

1 Message

November 12th, 2022 20:00

A couple of years later, but I am running into this issue now. Im not able to get to the bios, as the machine powers off after just a second. i have changed cmos battery, reset via jumper, power off then holding the button. i have checked the ram individually and tried without gpu. my ps tester shows the psu is good as well.

6 Professor

• 

6K Posts

November 13th, 2022 05:00

Sounds more like a PSU issue. I have seen this before where on older systems the PSU rail voltages get out of spec due to the aging of the PSU. This typically happens when the system is under load.

If you have a voltage tester handy I would check the +12V rail and see what the actual voltage is when booting up under load.

No Events found!