Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 20th, 2019 22:00

Aurora R8, bios update, how many restarts?

Just tried to install the lastest BIOS update and now my computer has turned off and back on again all by itself for over 50 times. Screen is completely black with no input signal. 

12 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 21:00

Well, i figured it out. All the problems were caused by either my 860EVO or my hyperx fury Ram, both installed after purchase . Not sure which but probably the ram. I removed both then the computer boots up just fine. Then I reinstalled both and it continued to function perfectly. I would also like to mention the tech support didn’t even ask me whether i have any additional ram or hard drive installed. 

12 Posts

March 20th, 2019 23:00

This has been going for over 40 minutes now. I think i can safely say that the bios update completely messed up my system

1 Message

March 21st, 2019 10:00

Same here except mine is just the black screen and my mouse and keyboard aren't being recognized

47 Posts

March 21st, 2019 15:00

Why update your bios if it's working good????????

12 Posts

March 21st, 2019 17:00

Because Alienware update lists it as a critical update and I wasn’t expecting them to be this incompetent. 

I called technical support this morning and they are about as unhelpful as all tech support. I will have to ship my PC to them and it could take weeks before they can have it fixed. 

9 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 05:00

I updated mine as well so far all is working well . Dang you let the psu power cycle that many times......... 

47 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 06:00

Try a bios reset by removing the battery on the motherboard or entering bios pressing F12 on boot, should be a setting to restore to default, anyway here's a link with info to clear your bios 

https://windowsreport.com/bios-corruption-windows-10/

19 Posts

March 27th, 2019 18:00

I just recieved my Aurora R8 today.  It also went through the bios update and also a few others.  No problems, just a 5-7 minute programming operation and I did see the black screen a few times but all is running smoothly and very quietly.  What a nice machine.  Before I first started it I maxed out the Ram with 4 cards - 16Gb of Dell UDIMM.  They had a great discount going on for the memory so I jumped on it.  I've got two 8Gb cards of UDIMM (2666MHz) I have no use for now.  

You know, Dell updated my delivery date twice since I ordered it.   In all honesty it was only 18 days until it was at my doorstep and 9 days earlier then the second estimated delivery date had posted.  Not bad at all.  I will enjoy this purchase.   

Kudos Dell!

1 Message

March 30th, 2019 22:00

Really useful, i removed my fury hyperx memory. everything goes right

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2021 16:00

(Sorry, wrong thread!)

No Events found!