Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2018 07:00

Service Deleted my Windows 10.. and gave me Windows 7...

So a couple of months ago i send my desktop to service because of a sound issue.. so they decided to reset everything. and by doing that they somehow deleted my windows 10 (windows 7 is the original on this PC) but i recieved free Legit Windows 10 upgrade from Windows.. on the campaign they had. and now i cannot reinstall the windows 10 because the Service somehow **bleep**ed up the settings on my BIOS...

I tried calling Support about it.. but they refuse to give me my windows 10 back that i had installed LEGIT on my PC... and i am very furious.. as you can see...

This is just something that shoulndt happen..

This is my last shot at getting MY windows 10 back. since Support Refuse to do anything..

PS: ive been a customer for Dell for the past 10 years, bought 3 Laptops and 1 Desktop. and this is the Thanks i get?... i for sure wont Recommend or buy from them again if they dont give me Windows 10..

Thank You.

2.3K Posts

February 8th, 2018 09:00

Service and Support can only support you with the OS that came with your computer which is something they should have told you before they did anything in the first place. When they fixed the computer, it sounds like they had to put the factory image back on to the machine which would have been windows 7. You can always re-upgrade back to Windows 10, but you will have to go through microsoft for that as it is not something that Dell offers or deals with. You can google windows 10 download for the link to the microsoft direct website, or go here: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
No Events found!