Highlighted
2 Bronze

X51 R2, CPU fan replacement

My Cpu temps are rising to 75c, sometimes even more. I have already applied new thermal paste and want to know if theres any kind of fan that's better than the stock one that would fit into the pc. 

I needed to get rid of my 40mm fan so I could fit my 1070 inside it as well. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

Re: Cpu fan replacement for Alienware X51 R2

Have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyWVDqmt5Us

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with MSI B450-A Pro Max with Ryzen 7 2700X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Hello, I suggest you try to do a computer hardware test to see if the fan has specific error information, hardware detection method: Please connect the power adapter, press F12 immediately before seeing the Dell Logo, select Diagnostics or Enter Epsa option, Enter, perform hardware testing. If you see a full-screen color stripe appear, press the Y key in time to continue, and then wait to see if there is an error message. Or you can refer to the graphic tutorial, Video Tutorial

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I ordered a Noctua Nh-l9i cpu cooler for my x51, i think any decent aftermarket Low Profile cooler should be better, but you will have to sacrifice the cpu exhaust shroud. As for gpu cooling i have an asus GTX 1070ti turbo, i removed the front fan (that usually won't fit with big gpu's) and put it on the HDD cage which i spaced up from the bottom of the case to allow for more airflow. couple zip ties and its not going anywhere, and helps with gpu temps. Also not running a HDD, got an SSD above the optical drivebay
0 Kudos