Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2010 17:00

1st day with the computer Already zone 4 and 5 not showing lights

Like I said in the subject in the FX center the zones 4 and 5 dont show any lights along with the lights on top where the vents are... the front two lights work along with the internal lights. Any help would be great

It lit up the stock color the first two times I turned it on... Then went to the airport to pick someone up and three hours later. Those 3 zones aren't changing colors or doing their stock colors.

24 Posts

Are these available to be downloaded from Dell's website.  I am not seeing those numbers in the ones that are currently available.

33 Posts

MARK IT DOWN as fixed !!!!

Thanks to chris for posting the driver updates

ALIENWARE_ALIENFX-MEDIA-PLUG_A01_R236006

and

R257084

Were both downloaded and on restart of my machine the lights came right on.

33 Posts

March 25th, 2010 19:00

Yeah on the dell drivers page... worse the problem came back the second I turned off the computer

I'll put a link up in a second... but they only come back on after I keep overwriting those files and restarting if I shut down the computer and turn it back on the side and top lights go black

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=ALW_DT_AREA_51&os=W764&osl=en&catid=&impid=

at least it fixes it for the time being... Man this is terrible, day 1 issues.

Weird I unplugged it to go inside make sure everything had a nice fit, and when I unplugged the psu and finished inside (not that anything was loose), my lights all worked on start-up, I'm about to go try to shut down and restart hopefully it was a fluke. edit: after rebooting same thing happened front lights stay on but the sides go out and stay out.

Are the front lights suppossed to stay on (because when I power down only the top and side lights go out) and the vents suppossed to stay open even when its on auto? 

So heres where I'm at:

I download and overwrite the drivers downloaded off the link above.

Then it says updating command center, then a message comes up you already have a later version of command center no changes were made.

Reboot

while loading windows the front bottom lights flicker along with the sides and then boom working side and top lights again... and thats pretty much where I'm at.

Putting it to sleep seems to allow me to change colors and have the side and top lights work unlike when it gets turned off and just doesn't work without the above steps.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 25th, 2010 21:00

So based on this picture, when you say top light, do you mean the Alienhead? Have you setup a profile in the Command Center AlienFX with all LEDs on, then save it and told it to load when windows starts?

33 Posts

March 25th, 2010 22:00

No sorry I should have been more specific but the vent lights. oh snap I have not set up a profile... Only thing I did was make a theme. I'll go try that... I appreciate the help... again seeing as you helped me find the drivers :D

I don't see anything in the command center that says Profile, maybe you could direct me to that along with how to tell it to make it run on start up.

I just can keep creating themes and when I go into advanced http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/supersix-ozi-/FX.jpg I can see  as in this print screen I took  and when I click the plus in events it just wants to do an application I thought maybe I needed to add startup or something.

Also not sure if this helps, but for instance if I shut the computer down this second it would have the front panel bottom lights on any color I set it too in the theme same with the alienhead, it would just be the sides and vents on startup that would be black or out (not that I can tell lol)

33 Posts

Nuts... Yeah I have as in that picture one that says default and sleep(only allows morphing), and I can't add anything when I click + events it just wants to do an application.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/supersix-ozi-/509838217_1795514896_487863688_1269.jpg 

here is a picture with the system shut down the right way the bottom front and alienhead both stay on (and the vents stay up)

Loading or creating a new theme doesn't fix the vent or side lights, but the front are still adjustable via FX.

EDIT:

I just tried restarting it and that worked it flickered like crazy and the bottom front light was out during boot up but everything else was on, then the bottom front light came on when I got into windows 7

So I guess I have to turn my pc off (and always have my front lights on), then load it up and restart it to get my lights going or turn it around and unplug it and wait for the lights to go out and the vents to finally close...

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Sorry. I only have the XPS AlienFX to work from. Profile and Theme are the same thing. In my software, there is an option have it load my Theme on bootup.

No Events found!