Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 8th, 2017 08:00

AW m15x r1 AlienFX problem (solved in 2017?)

Hi. 

Recently I bought AW M15X R1 with custom build and I have a problem with AlienFX.
Yes, I've read many posts about it and my problem is the same:
AlienFX test - board problem,
HUB 4 - unknown device,
.NET framework - crash,

but my question is: is there any DIY solution in 2017?

I'm thinking about reinstalling BIOS but I'm using newest right now so don't think that will help.
I'm living in UK so shipping AW to USA for chip reflash is not an option.
I've seen somewhere that there is some USB debugger but can't find it :/

Yesterday I've drained AW out of power (with removed BIOS battery) and got small light flash of touch panel but only once.

PS: sorry for my eng :>

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 8th, 2017 12:00

BIOS reinstalled and new system, still nothing :/

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 9th, 2017 09:00

Hi,  

This is not related to software, in order to solve this issue, the motherboard needs to be replaced.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 9th, 2017 13:00

Sorry, I'm new here.

Watch this: www.youtube.com/watch

Mobo replace is one way but I'm looking for somebody that can fix it like that. Also as I said there is USB debugger or something like that and I'm looking for it.

Can you (dell crew) release any software that could fix it? That happened to many people and after 6 years there is no other solution than mobo replace?!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 10th, 2017 10:00

We have statements offline against the process that causes this behavior. Unfortunately a software from our side is non-existent at the moment. Lets wait and see if the community has anything like what you mention. Otherwise you can try NBR or AlienwareArena.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 10th, 2017 12:00

NBR? Could you link me, please.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 10th, 2017 14:00

Notebook Review:

http://dell.to/2kea0DS

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 10th, 2017 21:00

I think this is what you want. Interesting to see this old thread is still going.

en.community.dell.com/.../19442434

On the older Desktops like Area51-R1 and Aurora R1-R4 it's easier to just replace the MIO-Board (since it's a separate small board). However, on the similar vintage Alienware Laptop motherboards ... it's a built-in on-board circuit ... so advanced users have been resorting to this to save their motherboard.

Newer desktop (and I assume laptops also) use a new architecture for Alienware Command Center / MIO-Board that is mostly software based now.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 12th, 2017 16:00

Thanks!

I have seen that before but didn't realise that this post have so many pages ;> Solution is on page 31 and I ordered debugger from dx.com, fingers crosed :P

1 Message

September 17th, 2017 10:00

I just bought a used M15x that has the lighting issues, I upgraded the bios and everything. I was just wondering if you were able to get your's fixed and if so what programming board and what software did you use? 

No Events found!