Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2015 10:00

Alien 17 R3 4k screen is the best screen of all Laptops

It's the best screen and the 980M, I just got out of SC2 and it's far better than the 970m.  The 970m just cuts it as good but is bad after a lot of stuff shows on the screen.  The 980M feels a gaming desktop at 4k.  I was playing it in bed laying down and was the graphics and menu look so good, technology has gone so far.

It's so bright.  The colors are so deep and bright.  Picture quality is ultra sharp.  I would say it would be better if it had gorilla glass but I know if the room is somewhat bright it would be a mirror.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

November 3rd, 2015 12:00

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing this with the Alienware Community. I agree it has great picture quality.

314 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 13:00

i have one too, i heard it's close to 100% adobe RGB color gamut 

276 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 22:00

Yes, the display is amazing and very sharp - one of the reasons I got the AW17r3 was because this was one of the ways of getting a 4K display at a reasonable price.

BUT to me, colours look too bright - reds and greens are almost dayglo. Haven't calibrated the display yet, that might make a difference, currently using it as supplied out of the box.

I had planned to use this laptop with the laptop display and also a 24" Dell Ultrasharp (1920x1200) but in comparison, that just looks terrible :-)

49 Posts

November 4th, 2015 07:00

I agree 100%. I got my 17 R3 last week and I'm absolutely blown away by how this screen looks. I do quite a bit of video editing and I will never go back to using a screen that's not 4K!

No Events found!