Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

March 8th, 2013 22:00

AlienAutopsy

Sorry but I can't find a laptop software forum

I have an M17xR3 which is roughly 18 months old. I have noticed that when AlienAutopsy has run for the last couple of months it is giving a warning in the Memory section that the Advanced Pattern Test "module failed to start".

Can someone tell me how to fix this please?

Thanks

26 Posts

March 11th, 2013 14:00

Does anyone know an answer to this?  I can't find it on the supplied discs.  Surely there is somewhere I can download an install version of AlienAutopsy?

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

March 14th, 2013 16:00

Here you go:

What is the Alienware AlienAutopsy Software and Where can I download? 

Where is that memory error coming up?

26 Posts

March 14th, 2013 17:00

Thanks for your reply Natalia.

When I download and run that linked Alienautopsy it does not install, instead I get a message saying "Checking for Updates" and then, No Updates Available and it exits.  I cannot tell if this is because I already have Alienautopsy installed and if I unstalled it and then ran this download would it do a full install! For obvious reasons I hesitate to do that - the installed version is MUCH more convenient and runs automatically which I wouldn't get with the online version.

As to your question When does it happen... it runs thru each of it's tests producing an on-screen report of what happened, all of the tests show as "Passed" until it reaches the section called "Memory", in that section are a number of tests one of which is called "Advanced Pattern Test", this does not run, instead it immediately reports "Module Failed to Start" (in the right-hand column of the on-screen report where the others show "Passed"), it then goes on to run all the remaining tests, all of which Pass.  This happens every time it is run but only started doing this about 2 months ago, before that I had over a year where every test was shown as Passed.

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

March 19th, 2013 10:00

If you ran an AlienAutopsy test, it means that AlienAutopsy is already installed in the computer and it's the latest version, so when you try to download it from that link, it detects the software is already there and up to date.

About the memory error, the most important thing is to find out which one of the components is deffective (the slot or the memory stick) so start by reseating the memory, if that doesn't work then try one memory stick at a time on each slot. 

Here's an article that will guide you on how to remove the memory modules:

How to remove the primary memory on the Alienware M17x R4 

How to remove the secondary memory module in the Alienware M17x R4?

2 Posts

July 7th, 2013 08:00

I cannot get alien autopsy to open. I click the icon and nothing happens. I have an mr17xr4. It worked before so something has changed.

1 Message

July 7th, 2013 16:00

Hey, I had the same problem today. Try this first:

1. Go to Control Panel and click "Uninstall a program" under the Programs tab.

2. Uninstall AlienAutopsy.

3. Then click the download link for AlienAutopsy in this thread.

4. The checking for updates should appear but this time it will switch to an installation.

5. Mine works now with no error messages and/or other issues.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

2 Intern

• 

835 Posts

July 9th, 2013 13:00

Hello vanraven,

Please let us know how it goes after you follow Desporado's steps. Are you using Windows 8 or Windows 7?

2 Posts

July 9th, 2013 14:00

It works now after deleting and reinstalling.  Running Win7. Thx

thanks Desporado and Natalia!

No Events found!