kjlundgren
6 Indium

Re: AlienFX error on Win 7 64 bit

I've never used the dvd and still have problems. My motherboard is fine, new hard drive and windows 7 install ruined the lights for me.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

How did you CC on the new hard drive?

0 Kudos
kjlundgren
6 Indium

I had to stand on one leg.  Lol! Down load from dell.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

When you go to the device manager is there a unknow USB device that is failed?

0 Kudos
mo3_8
1 Copper

Same thing happened to me, Dells solution was to buy the warranty for a month, then buy a replacement motherboard  and I/O board, so basically I would have to spend around 600 just to get it fixed.... But instead of doing that and wasting my money, I decided to sell my alienware on craigslist and ebay, I specified the problem with the lights not working, set it at a decent price and I was able to sell it immediately, I only ended up losing $300 from the original price I paid for it. From there, I did what any <TOU Violation> off alienware user does, buy the rival company's laptop. Ended up buying an ASUS g53, it was for around the same price of my old, dated alienware but this ASUS has top of the line parts installed in it, I've had it for about 2 months and I've had absolutely no issues with it, and I'm so glad I switched to ASUS. This laptop may not look as cool as the Alienware, but the performance, customer service, and overall feel kills my old alienware. <TOU Violation>. By doing so, Alienware will start to lose customers, which may push their workers to come up with better solutions to fix the problems in a more customer friendly way... Like many of you have already said, " it's not our fault for a faulty laptop which decides to <TOU Violation> out on us whether reinstalling Windows 7 or using the Resource Disk." That is NOT our fault so I feel that Dell needs to go back to the design board and do something reasonable with this issue. I refuse to be pushed around by Dell, and I feel that my best way of getting even is by boycotting their products and getting an ASUS. I basically <TOU Violation> and I have never been happier since 😉

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I sent an email to the CEO and CFO of Dell about the problem.  I bet they don't even know about the problem.   Can't wait to see if they even respond.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

^^ What are their email address? maybe if more people email them, they might do something in good will

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I get the exact same error and there is an unknown device in the Device Manager which I also cannot figure out

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

U47 on the mother board has to be replaced.  It is a Silicon Labs USB Microcontroller P/N:  C8051F347.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@ sjmadd

Have you replaced it and did it work for you?

0 Kudos