Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2015 07:00

Alienware 13 - AlienFX lights on the LID and LOGO "Flickers" !!!

This just started happening on my brother's brand new Alienware 13. Never been dropped or abused in anyway. What could be causing this? Guess it's some loose cable somewhere inside? The laptop on the other hand performs like a dream and has no issues with any other AlienFx lights.

9 Posts

October 3rd, 2015 12:00

Guys, Anyone? No one knows what's causing this?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 3rd, 2015 12:00

Well, first ... you only posted a few hours ago.  [:)]

I do not own any AW laptops, but from video (good idea) ... to me, it appears to be a bad electrical connection.

However, you will only know what was actually causing it AFTER it is repaired and working.

9 Posts

October 3rd, 2015 13:00

To me, it appears to be a bad electrical connection.

Thank you for responding :) I thought the same too. But the AW 13 being a relative new model, this shouldn't be happening right? Not to mention, It's brand new ... 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 3rd, 2015 14:00

But the AW 13 being a relative new model, this shouldn't be happening right?

Right, but any machine can malfunction.

Do you have an active Dell warranty contract on this machine?

327 Posts

October 3rd, 2015 21:00

looks like the LED cable is not doing good contact, i saw this before but with the display cable. if you are in warranty, is better to contact support. but is a simple thing that can be fixed easily, but i think they are not going to put the cable in place, they are gonna replace the entire display :S

9 Posts

October 6th, 2015 13:00

looks like the LED cable is not doing good contact, i saw this before but with the display cable. if you are in warranty, is better to contact support. but is a simple thing that can be fixed easily, but i think they are not going to put the cable in place, they are gonna replace the entire "clear:both;">

It's just unfortunate, that this has to happen on a new device. Makes one wonder, what kind of quality control Alienware has ... 

9 Posts

October 6th, 2015 13:00

Right, but any machine can malfunction.

Do you have an active Dell warranty contract on this machine?

Yes I do, Guess that's the only thing I can do at the moment I ... 

327 Posts

October 7th, 2015 14:00

I know, but dont look the bad side, for the other side you have an incredible gaming lap:D Cheers!

1 Message

December 21st, 2016 13:00

I have a same problem , I bought my laptop a month ago  

No Events found!