Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

July 12th, 2016 12:00

Alienware 14

I tried to factory reset my alienware last night, and I went to sleep while it was resetting and I'm not sure if it turns off eventually or not but?? When I Woke up, the laptop was off.

I turned it on, and it says diagnosing your PC for like 10 minutes, and then it says automatic repair or something, and then it gives me a few options. I click the factory restore one again because the others aren't going to help me boot Windows, and it just freezes again and goes in a loophole everytime I turn it on.

I have a battery problem as well, whenever my laptop is off the charger it does not power on but when it's on the charger it powers on? Defective battery? Do I need to order a new one?

And three of my laptop keys have broken, where should I go to get those replaced/fixed?

Any solutions?? Please help

July 13th, 2016 09:00

1- It seems like the process was interrupted and you now have a corrupted OS and recovery partition. You'll need to proceed with a clean installation of Windows to get it back to work.

2- The battery needs a replacement for sure.

3- You'll need to source those keys online, if it isn't possible, you will likely need to replace the entire keyboard assembly.

No Events found!