Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2016 18:00

Alienware 15 R3 - custom order (Nvidia GTX 1070 missing)

I was excited to try a new GTX 10 series gaming laptop. I came to Alienware given their previous good reputation for gaming systems. On November 28, "black Friday sale" I custom ordered and configured an Alien ware R3 15 inch laptop. Specifically specifying to have the GTX 1070 card in it.

Dell charged me immediately and shipped the laptop but to my disappointment it included the GTX 1060 card. I paid about $2000 so to have an entry-level card (1060) vs the 1070 and being charged a premium for it I was disappointed.

I spent several hours on the phone with various incompetent support people on Dell's end. Not only did I have a really hard time understanding them - bad English and hard-to-understand thick accents, they were also technically incompetent. They would tell me the computer was configured with the 1070; I would tell them that's not why my system configuration tells me.

Anyhow, on the eight call a computer tech connected remotely to my laptop and confirmed that I had the 1060 card not the 1070. A manager promised some kind of compensation for my time lost and wrong product shipped. After submitting my return claim they told me there was nothing on my account specifying I would be getting something in the likes of a compensation. Only they would be able to process my return with having my money returned to me after about 30-day period. How pathetic.

I'm returning the laptop. Dell does not care about their customers nor care about retaining their computer reputation. I told the manager I was unsatisfied and disappointed with how Dell handled/mishandled my order and return. I am sharing this will all potential buyers, friends and co-workers. I will not buy from Dell again.

3 Posts

December 5th, 2016 22:00

I also purchased on November 28th, just got it few hours ago and found out I have GTX 1060 as well, but not GTX 1070. I am going to talk to the customer service, hopefully they can at least send the new one with GTX 1070.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2016 23:00

Please keep me posted and update me as what happens.

3 Posts

December 6th, 2016 08:00

I called them today and one of tech support person told me I can either make a refund or they can replace the mother board (graphic card attached on it) by sending the technician.

1 Rookie

• 

61 Posts

December 6th, 2016 09:00

So someone or several people recieved a laptop with 1070 instead of 1060 that they ordered, hm when will they complain ? :D

3 Posts

December 7th, 2016 00:00

lol probably not

1 Message

December 7th, 2016 19:00

I also received a 1060 model instead of the 1070 I ordered.  Hopefully they will be prompt in sending their tech.

No Events found!