Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 24th, 2013 05:00

Alienware 17 Command Center Problem

I have a problem. I bought a new Alienware. I don't open the Alienware Command Center. It isn't work.

I can't fix it.

Please Please Help me

1.8K Posts

September 9th, 2014 16:00

Try re-installing the Command Center and .Net framework in the order specified below:

1. Uninstall Alienware Command Center.
  2. Download latest Alienware Command Center from support.dell.com according to your system.
  3. Uninstall .Net Framework 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Install .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.5
  6. Run Windows Updates and verify there is no pending updates missing (avoid installing hardware driver updates).
  7. Restart the computer
  8. Install the latest Alienware Command Center you just downloaded
  9. If issue remains, please go to “Control Panel”, “Programs and Features” and choose uninstall Command Center, when setup loads, run the “repair”. This will solve any software corruption in the AlienFX firmware.

Let me know how it goes!

2K Posts

August 25th, 2013 21:00

Hi oguzhanozturk,

Request you to try following the below steps which might help:

(1)   Try following the steps mentioned in the screenshot.

(2)   Then detect command center in Programs and features, uninstall it.

(3)   You may then use the below link and install command center:

http://dell.to/15Dy9XH

Click on drivers and downloads, Select right operating system and install command center under applications tab.

August 26th, 2013 22:00

I followed the steps and uninstalled and installed.but still doesn't work

August 27th, 2013 00:00

And i try AlienFxTester.exe and it is working. I can change the colour but i cant open Alienware Command Center.

August 27th, 2013 14:00

Hi Oguzhanozturk,

The Master I/O board is being detected which is good, but the application is not starting up. I know you just re-installed the application, but checkout this article and follow the steps.

Let me know how it goes.

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 20:00

Not to raise this post from the dead, but I bought an Alienware 17 a few months ago and my Command Center has stopped working too.

I followed the steps outlined in the article posted by Alexander to no avail (including several repair and re-sinstallations of Command Center). I bought the laptop new and started noticing strange behavior a couple of weeks ago when the power button would cycle through all of the colors available.

I would love to have this problem solved as it is terribly annoying and a computer of this price point should not have these issues so soon after purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

K

September 3rd, 2014 08:00

Hi Kilhammer

I can't fix my problem. My command Center stil is'nt working.

1 Message

February 16th, 2015 11:00

Thank you so much for this answer! My husband and I had just re-imaged our computer and we were still having issues with the command center. I followed your instructions completely and it worked like a charm. Thank you thank you thank you.

1 Message

October 11th, 2015 09:00

And what about if my system according to service tag don't have any command center applications? And it's not compatible with any of other versions etc.? I can't control any of fn buttons after windows 10 update, with windows 7-8 i found some version that worked properly and even had osd working properly, but now can't do anything.

No Events found!