Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

January 28th, 2014 22:00

Alienware 17-R1, AlienFX cannot change and load any profiles?

Good day guys and ladies,

I just bought my Alienware 17-R1 two months ago, and it seems to work very well. Then, just a week ago, my AlienFX just keep in red eye colour and it saying:
"cannot communicate with the computer due to hardware or software problem"

I tried to search for resolution on your webpage but none of them are helpful. My service tag is : . By the way, I tried to uninstall and reinstall Command Center as well as dotNet many times. This did not fix the issue. Please just provide some solution because I got this machine from my friend. I'm from Vietnam and cannot call for Support service.

Thanks for you attention.

• 

2.7K Posts

January 29th, 2014 11:00

Hello Vivalust!

Have you uninstall the .Net Framework 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 as it says on this article

8 Posts

January 30th, 2014 03:00

Hi Milena , thanks for the reply
My Alienware came out of the box with windows 8 already installed on it , I cant uninstall Net from it.
Btw , just for your information.
The symptoms as following :
- The AlienFX keeps in red eyes mode , but the LEDs still changing colour - i guess following some random mode.
- I cannot change or control the colour via ALienFX anymore.
- There is a notification like : AlienFX was unable to communicate with your PC ..due to some error on sofware or hardware..etc..
- I keep my windows UP to DATe , as well as my drivers.

Anymore suggestion , because i cannot uninstall Net framework as the article described

8 Posts

January 30th, 2014 06:00

Just Windows 8 normal updates and some games Bioshock Infinity and Battlefield installed. Nothing more >.It just suddenly happened , i guess , after some windows 8 updatesnot really remember which one.
Btw ,may I ask one question , where can I find the key to reinstall windows 8 as well as all the thing I need to do to clean setup

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 30th, 2014 06:00

two months ago, and it seems to work very well. Then, just a week ago, my AlienFX just keep in red eye colour and it saying:
"cannot communicate with the computer due to hardware or software problem"

* Tell us what software and/or driver changes you made prior to the issue starting.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 30th, 2014 07:00

No key is needed. The Dell Respawn uses the factory image on the hard disk drive.

Launching AlienRespawn within Windows
* This will erase the hard disk drive so if you can, first save all of your documents, favorites, MP3's, etc. to DVD or USB key
* Click the Start button
* Click All programs
* Click AlienRespawn
* Click Restore
* Click “Restore your entire system to a previous date or to the factory state”
* Restart the system when prompted
* Once the systems restarts click, "Restore without preserving new or changed files"
* Click Next
* Click Yes
* Click Next
* Click Restart when done

8 Posts

January 30th, 2014 07:00

The problem is that I didnt use the Alienrespawn to save to factory image into the hard drive..>.Haven't use it from the beginning , but still , I have the CDs that come in box which the laptop..
Does it help?
Btw , any suggestion for my problem with Alien FX >.And Christ , may I contact directly with you via Yh just for some more instruction...
Thank for your attention..

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 31st, 2014 07:00

Other than the DELL-Milena M mentioned, no. Our communication should be kept public. The Dell image should still be there if you have not previously formatted the drive.

Launching AlienRespawn outside of Windows
* This will erase the hard disk drive so if you can, first save all of your documents, favorites, MP3's, etc. to DVD or USB key
* Turn the system off
* Disconnect all external devices from the laptop except for the AC adapter brick and power cord
* Restart the system
* Press F8 several times
* On the Advanced options menu, choose "Repair You Computer"
* Press Enter
* Select your keyboard language
* Click Next
* User name and password may be required, enter the login information. If your Windows password is disabled, it will not be needed so, select the user name
* Click OK
* At the System Recovery Options choose AlienRespawn Restore and Emergency Backup
* Follow the prompts

8 Posts

January 31st, 2014 08:00

I just find some strange way to temporary solve the problem I got
I just come to ALien Command Center install files , and select to Repair it.
But I dont let the System auto Restart...
THen AlienFX works normally...
But after I restart or Turn off the Computer , things happen again..
Any idea?:((

8 Posts

January 31st, 2014 09:00

Moreover , if I turn off ALiencommandcenter after the repair , problem comes again as well..
PLzz help !!!

• 

2.7K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 06:00

Have you tried what DELL-Chris M suggested?

8 Posts

February 4th, 2014 09:00

Arhh , I dont intend to reset the whole system just because of this problem...
Any idea about my problem as I describe above?

No Events found!