Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 2nd, 2015 10:00

Alienware 17 R2 - Alien FX

Hi all - i'm trying to set it up within alien fx so that when I receive a new email in outlook, (not windows mail) the keys all flash yellow briefly. For some reason it isn't working...

Often when I turn my laptop on or wake it from sleep, they flash yellow as if they have recognised new emails, but if a notification from outlook appears in the top right hand corner of the screen while the laptop is in use, nothing happens! I've posted a screenshot of the alien fx setup for the event.

New.jpg

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 6th, 2015 07:00

Hello KIZZADO0DLE,

Please try to reinstall the Alienware command center by using the version on the Dell site. Click here to access the Dell Drivers and Downloads link. Just enter your service tag and click on the "Drivers and Downloads" option on the left side of the page.

Under the "Application" category is where the Alienware command center software is listed with the download link. After reinstalling the command center, create a new theme and create the set up like you did on the picture, then test it to see if it works. Please let us know how it goes.

14 Posts

July 8th, 2015 08:00

Hi I tried this and it hasn't worked. It did work once, though after it flashed yellow, all the keys became unlit. I lit them up again by turning of alien fx using fn+f12 , and then turned it back on again, but the email flashing now no longer works.

14 Posts

July 8th, 2015 09:00

It just worked again after I had restarted alien fx but turned the lights off again afterwards.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 8th, 2015 10:00

Are the other Alien FX lights working properly? For example, if you change the keyboard lights to red, does it change properly? Check the Bios version that you have and update it if necessary. Click here for the latest Bios version download link. Also, try doing a power drain procedure.

To do this, disconnect the battery and any external device that you have connected (including the AC adapter). Then hold the power button down for 1 minute. After this, connect everything again and test it out. Click here to view a video from our Alienware YouTube channel that explains how to disconnect the battery.

14 Posts

July 10th, 2015 07:00

The lights all change fine, and it does appear to respond to emails now, just the keyboard then goes black for a while until they come back on.

Thanks for the help, but due to the difficulty in trying to sort this I think i'll just give up - it's not worth the time!

No Events found!