Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2015 09:00

Alienware 17 R2 Problems

Hello,

I purchased an Alienware recently and received it 5 days ago. It was a very expensive computer that i bought with all my saved money but recently i have experienced two very disappointing issues. The first one being that while i am gaming the computer randomly freezes and stops working, when this issue first occurred i waited patiently but when i saw no response from the system i had to turn it off using the on button. The second issue is that the internet connection is horrible. I connect it to the internet and after 20-30 minutes it disappears even if i am right next to the router, i have a decent internet so i dont know whats wrong. I wanted your help to see if there was a way to fix these issues especially the freezing one or if i just need to get it replaced.

Thank you :)

18 Posts

April 25th, 2015 16:00

Contact Dell support and explain the issues you are having. That would be your best bet.

July 1st, 2015 07:00

First check that your power adapter is correct for your laptop, some times dell sends out an under powered adapter from time to time, if they have contact support and have them send you a new one, otherwise you need to have your laptop sent in for repair as it is like a DOA (Dead On Arrival)

Link to check that you have a sufficient power adapter:1
--- Dell Alienware Power Adapter Chart<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Support number(s)
--- US Customers: 1-877-884-3355 (as per my Warranty, Safety, and Regulatory Information pamphlet that cam with mine.)

2 Posts

August 9th, 2015 17:00

I have the same problem with the internet, it works pretty bad by wifi.

901 Posts

August 9th, 2015 20:00

If you have a AW17R2 then you probably have a A/C band WiFi card.

But you may have a A/B/N band router.

Check your router to findout if they run on the same frequency, if not it may be best to purchase a more recent model router

7 Posts

June 29th, 2016 17:00

I couldn't connect to my router at ALL with mine. It's the Killer network drivers, if you have them installed, completed delete them and just use Windows Wireless to connect. Bad wireless drivers will also make your machine lockup, just had that happen actually to our Pastor's PC.

62 Posts

October 18th, 2016 10:00

Wow, I purchased my Alienware 17 R2 about a year and a half ago and it's been running beautifully since day one! So now I'm worried after hearing all of this!!! From what I've read the wi-if drivers could very well be the problem, as well as the charger but that would be evident from how long it takes to charge and you'd have severely cut your battery life or damaged the battery! I'd first check and upgrade your drivers to the latest ones and also purchase a new router as well, today routers are very cheap compared to even last year!

1 Message

November 12th, 2016 12:00

i got mine when they first made the 17r2 had the m17x model loved it was the best laptop I ever had but someone stole it so I got this one I have had 1 major problem the mem. for the *** intel video card corrupted but they sent a new motherboard and a tech guy to my house and they installed it was like 2 days I give AW mad props for that one! I will say I got the little power supply and that was causing a lot of throttling with the NVidia card and again they over nighted the other 1 to me again there tech is great I haven't ever had any over heating probs and I hope this laptop last me a long time hey Chazzm I just got the AW amp. what card are u running on urs and do u have any problems with it like cooling wise, and powering wise

No Events found!