Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 29th, 2016 20:00

Alienware 17 R3 - Boot failure - Error code 0xc000000d

Its all gone wrong! Disastrously.

When about 80% through a memcheck, my laptop rebooted, and came up with a blue screen and reporting "the boot configuration data file is missing some required information", "File:\BCD", "Error code 0xc000000d"

I am now unable to boot into Windows.

I do have the 8.6GB ISO image with me that I downloaded from the Dell website in April, so have put that onto a 64GB usb and booted from it with the intention of running a 'start-up repair' - but the repair constantly fails.

I have even tried running the other options, 'System recovery', System image recovery', but they all fail.

I am able to access the Command prompt, and can see my OS installation on the C drive, and on there the FACIMG folder.

Any thoughts on how to get my system running again?

The set up is as follows.

AW 17 R3 | 32GB | 512GB PM951 M.2 | 512GB 950Pro M.2 | 1TB HD

The recovery disk I made when I first received the laptop is at home, and I am away at work for another 5 weeks. 

757 Posts

December 30th, 2016 05:00

There are many suggestions and videos on Google.

www.google.com/search

757 Posts

December 30th, 2016 06:00

757 Posts

December 30th, 2016 07:00

Sorry to here that.

You might keep looking at the "fixes" on Google or you may considered emailing Alienware for support at the address on the video link in my earlier post.

3 Posts

December 30th, 2016 07:00

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have tried the bootrec process, as recommended on google / Microsoft pages, but I get as far as the last section, 'bootrec /rebuildbcd' and it fails with the report of not been able to find the  OS - eventhough scanOS does see it.

No Events found!