Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2015 21:00

Alienware 17 R3 serious wifi problem!

Hi,

I just had my Alienware 17 R3 yesterday. Inteli7 Skylake 6700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256 SSD + 1TB harddisk, GTX980M 4GB DDR5, killer 1535 wifi card. I am a gamer so that i purchase this machine but this machine is having serious problem in the internet connection.

Download Dota2 in stream took me 14 hours, only 120-500kb/s. I can confirm that this is not my router or internet problem, because my housemate didn't facing this problem with his MSI. Everyone is fine with the connection but just me facing the problem. It seems like the wifi connection is not stable. 

I had check through many connection speed test, it is worst compare to my housemate. by using command "ping check" my ping is around 240ms - 600ms without any downloading or steaming. My friend is around 69ms - 80ms. Beside that, i also tried to disalbe my killer and enable again, nothing change. The killer driver already up to date. 

Anyone can help me with this? i had make many research on it but it doesn't work. I tried to disable the wifi connection and connect lan cable, even worst!

Please help!

Thank you. 

327 Posts

November 9th, 2015 00:00

chat with dell support and ask for a wifi replace for an intel wireless 8260

3 Posts

November 9th, 2015 01:00

I made a call to Dell Tech centre and talk with them for 2 hours about this problem. At the end, i said i found solution which need to change the killer wireless card to Intel. Unfortunately, they said they need make quotation for me and ask me pay for it. 

Then what for i purchase a Alienware which cost me so high with a dump wireless card. And i need to pay for the change. It just only 1 day old i receive this product. 

No any solution on this? 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

I think I agree with him. They can't seem to get the hardware and/or drivers correct. The point is to have a working system. Intel can deliver a working network card.

This is not the only thread about bad Killer Networking and/or WiFi. I don't think the Killer rep that popped into the other thread ever posted an answer either.

judal7837 wrote the following post at Mon, Nov 9 2015 1:33 AM:

chat with dell support and ask for a wifi replace for an intel wireless 8260

3 Posts

change the wifi hardware? 

then what the point i paid for the wifi killer hardware but change to normal intel wifi ? friendly speak ..

there are no other solution on this? i tried to update bios, uninstall and reinstall the driver, seem not useful. 

327 Posts

November 9th, 2015 11:00

is better chat with them, dont call.

327 Posts

November 9th, 2015 11:00

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 11th, 2015 18:00

I reported this thread (and others) to Dell. This was received back from Alienware Team. Anyone who tries it, please report back.

---------------------------------

Be aware that latest driver from Killer Networking is fixing several issues related to Wireless connectivity with the Killer 1535 card. Please follow the next steps to solve the issues:

1-    Download the latest driver from http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads.

2-   Uninstall the LAN E2204 driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

3-   Uninstall the Qualcomm driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

4-   Uninstall the Killer 1535 driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

5-   Restart the computer

6-   Install the driver downloaded at the beginning. Since you will lose connectivity, download and copy the file to the Computer Desktop. Tell the customer to run the installer once the computer finishes to boot.

7-    Open Device Manager, Got to the Network Devices, open each one and remove the check to “Allow this device to turn off”.

202 Posts

November 12th, 2015 00:00

Doesn't matter what anyone says.  The killer NIC's have been notorious for having dc problems.  This goes way back to where the only chipset they had was on PCI cards.

There was a time where it stopped DCing on a driver update but when they released new drivers the problem was all the time.

It was good way back.

12 Posts

December 2nd, 2015 12:00

subscribed.

49 Posts

December 3rd, 2015 23:00

Have you gone into Network Manager and set the speed of your connection? Believe me when I tell you that if your connection speed is set too low the Killer software will throttle your speed even if you a fast connection.

www.dell.com/.../EN

2 Posts

January 8th, 2016 01:00

Just bought Alienware 17 r3 last night and it started acting up. I will try this after work. I hope it works or I'm going back to Macs

3 Posts

January 26th, 2016 08:00

We've released a new driver to resolve this issue the software is available here:
www.killernetworking.com/.../killer-suite

Please let us know if the issue persists after updating.

We appreciate your patient with this.

14 Posts

January 26th, 2016 09:00

Since a few weeks all Alienware R15 and R17 laptops in Europe are delivered with an Intel 8260AC Wireless card. The Killer is not available anymore, as well as the GTX980M with 4Gb RAM (only 8Gb option).

276 Posts

January 27th, 2016 01:00

I reported this thread (and others) to Dell. This was received back from Alienware Team. Anyone who tries it, please report back.

---------------------------------

Be aware that latest driver from Killer Networking is fixing several issues related to Wireless connectivity with the Killer 1535 card. Please follow the next steps to solve the issues:

1-    Download the latest driver from http://www.killernetworking.com/support/driver-downloads.

2-   Uninstall the LAN E2204 driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

3-   Uninstall the Qualcomm driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

4-   Uninstall the Killer 1535 driver from Control Panel Add / Remove Programs

5-   Restart the computer

6-   Install the driver downloaded at the beginning. Since you will lose connectivity, download and copy the file to the Computer Desktop. Tell the customer to run the installer once the computer finishes to boot.

7-    Open Device Manager, Got to the Network Devices, open each one and remove the check to “Allow this device to turn off”.

I can confirm that I applied this fix a couple of months ago, and it fixed the issue and I have had no further problems.

Wifi problems, that is.....  :-(

1 Message

February 10th, 2016 17:00

I am typing this from my old Alienware since my new Alienware 17 is still having connectivity issues even after updating it.

No Events found!