Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2016 05:00

Alienware 17 does not turn on first try

When I turn on the PC, the picture is distorted, and if I put the password the screen remains black. But if I suspend the pc and power back up, it works correctly. After this operation, the PC is working properly in all its functions.
 This is the video of the problem described above.[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkEevdGUjyM:550:0]
Alienware 17
Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M
Intel Graphics  unrecognized because if I active it, the problem is not solved as shown in the video but the screen remains black.
Can someone help me? Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 21st, 2016 09:00

Hi,

Did you disable your Intel card in Device Manager? If possible, connect an external monitor with an HDMI cable to confirm if you see the same type of distortion on the external display. 

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 03:00

I turned off with the combination FN + F5. The external display is seen correctly. However, I turned off the intel card before I upgrade to Windows 10, since I updated win10 this problem appeared.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

So if you enable the Intel card, you get a black screen? I'm not sure if this problem could be related to the distortion but you shouldn't have to disable the Intel card for the system to perform normally. 

5 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 03:00

Yes, if I enable the intel card I get the distortion of the screen to enter the password and once inserted the black screen in the PC monitor, but if I connect it to the TV I see properly. I tried to update the drivers but it is not solved.. Sorry for bad English

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 13:00

Hi, 

Did you do a clean installation of the drivers (uninstalling both the Intel and NVidia drives from Device Manager, then installing them one at a time). Don’t worry about your English, it is very good. 

5 Posts

March 24th, 2016 17:00

I did it but the problem is not solved. In device manager - intel card properties says: working properly and the device is updated with the appropriate drivers. 

I forgot to say that sometimes the problem at power, shown in the video, it does not happen and the pc is on and working properly.
Do you think if I go back to Windows 8 the intel card could work properly?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

March 28th, 2016 12:00

Hi, 

The Alienware 17 should be compatible with Windows 10. Since the issues started after you did the update, I suppose you could try going back to Windows 8 and confirm if you continue to have the same issue. If the issues persist, it could be a hardware problem. 

5 Posts

April 1st, 2016 12:00

Thanks for everything, answers and patience. Sorry if I answer just now but it's been a long week. However as soon as possible I try with Win8, we'll see. Thanks again.

No Events found!