Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

June 21st, 2017 22:00

Alienware 17 r4 Boot failure on device

Hey guys, i have a brand new alienware 17 r4, just bought this laptop 2 weeks ago. A few days ago, i was playing CS GO and i accidentally hit the table. The game freezes, and i was unable to do anything in the system, like alt+tab or ctrl+alt+supr. Nothing. One minute later, a blue screen with a sad face from Windows 10 tells me that the computer ran into a problem and need to restart.

After this, the computer never start to Windows again. When i turn on the pc, after the Alienware logo, appears a red square with this message "Invalid signature detected. Chek secure boot policy in setup". When i press enter, a black screen appears with this quote "Checking media precense", after this the supportassist screen appears with some information of the product, and finally a red cross with the quote "boot failure on device". I recored some videos:

First video (35 secs)

Now starts the weird part, when my battery runs of out charge, this happens:

Second video (59 secs)

I dont know how to fix this. After this, when my battery runs of out charge, i can use my computer normally, play games for example. All works fine. All the diagnostics from the bios and the tests from Dell, are passed and all the hardware is ok.

Thanks in advance.

June 22nd, 2017 02:00

CSGO.... accidentally....

gotta go fast

5 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 02:00

i'm not exactly that guy who rage when loses

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 10:00

FPS Doug always smashes things when he gets killed.  BOOM Headshot!

Your hard drive is physically damaged.

FPS DOUG

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 11:00

accidentally hit the table     

sad face from Windows 10 tells me that the computer ran into a problem and need to restart.

stop 7B

stop7B

stops7

5 Posts

June 22nd, 2017 11:00

Someone who's  not a child? Or ant official suport, please?

June 23rd, 2017 08:00

Crazy but I have the exact same problem with my r3 15. Except I never hit a table nor have I played any games on it. I've tried everything google has to offer on the subject and nothing has resolved it.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 24th, 2017 11:00

STOP 7B is very specific.

1 Message

June 24th, 2017 12:00

Hey Guys,

I ran into a similar issue with not being able to boot. The HW check said the hard drive was fine, but I kept getting secure boot issues.

The fix was surprisingly simple:

-remove Windows Boot Manager as a Boot option in the BIOS

-add a new Boot option linking to the boot image in the /boot directory on your hard drive.

All this is done on the boot screen of your Bios when booting into it using F2.

No more troubles after that.

Hope that helps.

-L3FOS

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 24th, 2017 18:00

From BIOS or F12 on boot, run ePSA Diags.

No Events found!