Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2014 19:00

Alienware 18 - 2 Unknown Devices

Hi guys, i just reinstaled my windows and keep geting 2 unknown devices in device manager...

They are "on PCI Express Root Complex" and "on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System"

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance! ;)

901 Posts

January 31st, 2014 06:00

Can you right click on those in device manager, then properties and supply the device ID's, then we can give you a 100% definite answer

January 31st, 2014 08:00

Andrew's suggestion is the best way to get them. Also we'll need to know shich O.s you have. 7/8?

763 Posts

January 31st, 2014 14:00

Tnx for your reply guys! I'm using Windows 8.1, but the problem is i don't have device ID's... :/ If i can help with any other info just let me know, i realy appreciate your help! Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/s3xf5xgo9/full/

Hi Pinojle. In your screen shot you see a "Details" tab. Go there and select "Hardware Ids" from the drop down. You can copy and paste from the hardware ID lines that populate the "Value" area. You can post them here for help, or paste them into Google and search to identify what hardware is missing drivers.

The most commonly overlooked drivers are Free Fall Sensor, Alienware Command Center, OSD and Airplane Mode Switch, but we will know for sure once the hardware IDs are identified for those devices.

DeviceID.jpg

763 Posts

January 31st, 2014 21:00

Ohhhhh ok, first unknown device has this value:

ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002
ACPI\CPL0002
*CPL0002

And second:

ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8810
ACPI\SMO8810
*SMO8810

Thank u sir!

You're certainly welcome. The first one is Alienware On-Screen Display. The second one is the Free Fall Sensor. If you haven't already done so, you will want to install Alienware Command Center as well. All three are under the "Applications" category at the top of the driver downloads page. For your convenience, link are below:

ST Microelectronics Motion Sensor Driver

Alienware On Screen Display Application 

Alienware Command Center Application

4 Posts

January 31st, 2014 10:00

Tnx for your reply guys! I'm using Windows 8.1, but the problem is i don't have device ID's... :/ If i can help with any other info just let me know, i realy appreciate your help! Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/s3xf5xgo9/full/

4 Posts

January 31st, 2014 21:00

Ohhhhh ok, first unknown device has this value:

ACPI\VEN_CPL&DEV_0002
ACPI\CPL0002
*CPL0002

And second:

ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8810
ACPI\SMO8810
*SMO8810

Thank u sir!

4 Posts

February 1st, 2014 11:00

I did. ;) Thank u so much!

Btw, i already installed Alienware Command Center Application! But i had the same problem like with a file Alienware On Screen Display Application when i downladed from ftp (link which one u showed me). It said like system doesn't recognize it bla bla... So i went to dell/support/drivers enter my tag and download it from there "Alienware On Screen Display Application", like i did for "Alienware Command Center Application" and everything is fine. Install it with out any issue.

So, thank u so much for your time guys, i really appreciate!

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 1st, 2014 13:00

After Windows clean-install, driver order is important. Chipset driver must be first.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=&s=dhs&docid=536193

No Events found!