Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2012 21:00

Alienware A09 Bios problem

Okay I have a alienware m15x laptop an the disk optical drive is completely shot... So I don't know if the A09 bios only way of upgrading is to do the CD burning stuff but mines broken.. I did upgrade from usb to A08. Is there any way like that besides the disk drive to upgrade to A09 bios? If so please let me know :)))

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 24th, 2012 07:00

nickyczrawr,

According to the A09 instructions, you should be able to run it from a bootable USB key, "Bootable Flash Drive = Unzip M15xA09.zip and execute f.bat in DOS.". Explain why you think the ODD (optical disk drive) is defective.

August 24th, 2012 10:00

Its just completely shot it does not read disks an barely lets the disks go in.. An sometimes it will make loud noises until you prob a disk inside then it stops :P on my part its just completely shot lol

835 Posts

August 24th, 2012 11:00

Hi guys, I'm gonna pitch in with a couple steps on how to flash the A09 BIOS properly on this system, click on the link below:

BIOS version A09 cannot be flashed in Windows  <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

For the ODD, insert the windows disk, hit F12 and try to boot from that CD, if it works, it might be just a software issue.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 24th, 2012 13:00

Hi guys, I'm gonna pitch in with a couple steps on how to flash the A09 BIOS properly on this system, click on the link below:

BIOS version A09 cannot be flashed in Windows  

For the ODD, insert the windows disk, hit F12 and try to boot from that CD, if it works, it might be just a software issue.

In that document, Link to file is not working.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 24th, 2012 15:00

It worked for me? Here is the long version of it:

support.dell.com/.../document

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 24th, 2012 15:00

The doc works, but when you click to download the file, it says ...

We're sorry...
Details for this driver are currently
unavailable. Please try again later.

The docs is all about how to use the special file.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 24th, 2012 16:00

The only hyperlink I see is the ISO itself? Here is the ISO.

835 Posts

August 27th, 2012 10:00

Sorry about that Tesla, I thought it was working fine, but anyway, the important thing about that article is the steps on how to flash the BIOS, and the BIOS can be found on support.dell.com, you can download it from there.

August 27th, 2012 20:00

forum.notebookreview.com/.../549258-m15x-bios-a09-discussion-thread.html

this thread actually helped me to do the USB version of A09 bios for the m15x :))) hope it helps an if he asks you to go to another link to fix another problem (Total it took me 3 different things just to get this to work) :C but it does work! so enjoy

No Events found!