Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2013 07:00

Alienware AlienFX controller problem

6371.Alienware alienfx controller error.jpg

I keep getting this on the screen for no apparent reason. Alienware M17x r4 machine with 3d screen.

Any ideas?

• 

2.7K Posts

September 20th, 2013 15:00

Hello Kandodell!

That might be a problem with the software o the command center, I will recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the command center and you can follow this article to do it in the proper way.  

19 Posts

September 20th, 2013 21:00

Do you have Microsoft Secuirty Essentials? If you do, exclude C:\Program Files\Alienware from scan. This is not a fix, it's just a workaround.

Dell needs to offer a solution to this problem as now this directory is unprotected from viruses.

8 Posts

September 21st, 2013 02:00

Thank you for the information.

I thought it might be that so I have already  Un-installed old one and reinstalled new downloaded one.  It didn't make any difference. it still produced the same screen. I will try the next solution as I do have Microsoft security essentials installed if it comes up again

stopping the MS security essentials  looking at C:\ProgramFiles\Alienware .

Is there something in this directory that causes a problem with the virus checker?

8 Posts

September 21st, 2013 02:00

It looks as though I posted this message in the wrong place in the beginning. It looks as though it has already been started by "Brownie the one" on the 17 sep 2013.

Perhaps the moderator could link the two?

Sorry about that.

2 Posts

September 21st, 2013 12:00

Kando: for me the only solution was to uninstall command center completely for the time being. The problem is with the software or  combination of the software and MSE/recent windows updates.

Until Dell addresses the issue I won't plan on re-installing it, as this error renders my laptop useless. Hope this helps.

Cheers

8 Posts

September 22nd, 2013 01:00

Hi,

Ok, I have only done one thing since the problem has occurred and it's now been a couple of days and the problem has not returned.

Nvidia sent me notification to upgrade my GE force graphics driver to version 327.23 Which I did.

I have not had the problem since.

I hope that is the end of that!

No Events found!