Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 9th, 2017 06:00

Alienware Alpha / Steam Machine - Five Blinking Yellow Lights Issue

Hi Alienware Admin team, can you please enable my PM's so I can message you my service tag. Just purchased this machine in January 2017 and I'm getting five blinking yellow lights every time I reboot it. I have to do the BIOS reset via the jumper in order to get it back up.

Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 6th, 2017 11:00

I would say CMOS battery needs replacement.

The 5 Blink yellow alien of death. I did the power drain as described didn't work. So I did a power drain with everything disconnected and held the button for about 2 minutes (instead of 1). Plugged everything back in, pressed the alien and presto! We now have power. Great right? Except now you have an RTC is reset message saying strike F1 to continue or F2 to run setup utility (Which means you have to connect a wired USB Keyboard and mouse to reset the setup.   HOWEVER if you don't replace the battery it will fail again if power is shut off.).

Amazon.com: CMOS BIOS BATTERY for Dell Alienware Alpha ASM100 i3 i5 i7 Desktop Steam Machine CR2032CL-23-2: Computers & … 

The battery is on the back side of the mobo.

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_alienware_dsk/alienware-alpha_Owner%27s%20Manual_en… 

ASM100 Battery

Removing the Coin-Cell
Prerequisites
1 Remove the base cover.
2 Remove the top cover.
3 Remove the hard drive.
4 Remove the processor fan.
5 Remove the processor heat sink.
6 Remove the processor .
7 Remove the video-card fan.
8 Remove the video-card heat sink.
9 Remove the memory modules.
10 Remove the wireless card.
11 Remove the system board.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2017 07:00

Hi ‌,

Send me a private message with the service tag.

6 Posts

November 6th, 2017 11:00

Hi Alienware Support, can someone please contact me? I cannot reach Alienware-Eimy.

6 Posts

November 6th, 2017 12:00

Thank you. That looks like an easy fix!

No Events found!