Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2015 08:00

Alienware Alpha refuses to play Star Wars Battlefront 3

Not too sure what else to try....

Purchased a PC copy of Star Wars Battlefront 3 from Dell.

It arrived, Installed Origin, Installed the game but the game wouldn't load (game appears to be greyed out in Origin). Installed Battlefront on my Media-Center PC (i5/16GB-RAM/GTX770SLI) and it boots up and plays without any issue.

Went back to my Alienware Alpha (i5/8GB-RAM)... Upgraded to Windows 10... still didn't load...

Uninstalled and reinstalled GeForce Experience and updated to the latest drivers.... Still didn't load...

Upgraded the RAM on my Alienware Alpha from 8GB to 16GB (Ordered through Dell..shot in the dark)...  The game still will not load...

GeForce Experience sees the game but is unable to Optimize it or boot it up...

Origin Account sees the game.. but it's greyed out on the Alpha...

Windows sees the game as being "installed" and is unable to launch it...

Any help or suggestions here? I called Origin, walked me through checking my account settings and some basic PC troubleshooting... Couldn't find an issue...

Called Dell... Got transferred 3 times and was told its most likely a "Software Issue" and that they could maybe help me if I paid them $129.00?... Which is rather weak considering I purchased, the system, game and RAM directly through Dell...

I've seen countless reviews, posts and videos of people with Alphas playing this game...

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I can try?

December 7th, 2015 09:00

This site really wasn't much help.

After running around trying everything I could think of including updating my drivers and OS,  to upgrading my hardware and spending a couple of hours on the phone with different support groups.. I ventured off on my own again and got the game to work...

I had to completely uninstall the game and then re-download it again, and reinstall it from scratch..

Once I did that the game loaded and has been playing great.

1 Message

December 3rd, 2015 09:00

any reponse ?

December 3rd, 2015 09:00

Bump...

Anybody?

December 4th, 2015 09:00

Hi Celine03!

No responses, suggestions or ideas of what else to try yet...

No Events found!