Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2014 16:00

Alienware Aurora R2 problem with internet connectivity

Aurora R2 desktop , Last year lost connectivity, Respawn sorted it out. This year same problem, Things tried: New router New Anti-virus New cables Full windows reinstall Mobo replaced ( Dell on-site tech ) Multiple remote assist calls with techs On-site internet provider service calls The computer uses a Ethernet connection, into wifi router. Wifi works perfectly on iPads and phones. Using a borrowed laptop , I plugged directly into modem using same cable connections, that laptop works perfectly. It also worked perfectly plugged into wifi router. The Aurora will sporadicly have connectivity, but it never lasts long, the log of failed update attempts is well over 150 at this point. The Alienware techs are stumped and I'm beyond frustrated , the computer is covered by extended warranty Anyone have any thoughts or guesses.... Grasping at straws at this point 3 weeks with issue 5 techs

July 24th, 2014 13:00

I wonder if your problem is similar to mine - I'm having intermittent connectivity with my Alienware R4; here's a link to that thread:  http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19591956.aspx

I've run through Dell's ePSA (Enhanced Preboot System Assessment) and diagnostics and all the other Dell PC diagnostics which tell me all is well . . . but I STILL have the problem.

July 24th, 2014 17:00

I read your post before I posted my own, and thought the same as you!

The techs at support have had me run every test multiple times and everything checks out good, again same as you, the on site tech who replaced the motherboard even went and tried for an hour and could not re-establish connectivity. I am stumped , the techs are stumped....

the only case I've found online that is similar seems to be an issue with power causing intermittent brown outs, that caused a loss of internet connection.

to date, the techs are sending a dongle wireless USB to connect ( haven't recieved yet ) but I've told them that if it works it is not case closed in my mind, as the speed will be affected and I would have purchased a laptop if that is the way I wanted to connect.

something is going on under the hood!

intersting note: the computer is very slow on boot up with a black screen for at least a full minute before splash screen comes up, which is strange since it just had windows loaded ( again ) and is relatively empty.

I'll keep this post current with each development .

thank you very much for your reply and I wish you much luck with your system!!

1.8K Posts

July 25th, 2014 09:00

Hi scrappylucie,

Please send me a private message with your Service Tag and contact information so I can review your case. 

No Events found!