Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 29th, 2016 04:00

Alienware Aurora R4 cooling and noise problem

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my stock cooler in my Alienware Aurora R4. I was thinking of getting a Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 to fix the noise and the cooling problem for a long time.

However it seems that something can prevent to put this new cooler but I'm not sure. What is the thing circle in red and is it possible to change it so it's still cooled but takes less space ? 

My CPU stock cooler looks like this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine-Del ... SwSHZWguyE, the name might be "5560W". My second question is how can I know how loud is the pump (number of dba on idle and on load) ? Do you think it's louder than 15 dba on idle ?

Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

February 29th, 2016 14:00

Hi, 

I’m sorry but I cannot see the screenshot that you posted, what exactly is the problem with your stock cooler?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 29th, 2016 19:00

What is the thing circle in red and is it possible to change it so it's still cooled but takes less space ? 

Pretty sure that is the mother-board's chipset fan/cooler.

No, it can't be easily changed.

Any Dell/Alienware (Asetek made) liquid cooler made for the Aurora will fit and install with no problems.

19 Posts

March 1st, 2016 06:00

The CPU stock cooler is no longer cooling properly. It's been around 2 years that I have the computer. Not only that, but the watercooler fan is making too much noise for me.

There is the possibility of replacing it by the same cooler, but I'm afraid I'll have this problem again in 2 years.

That's how I came up with an air cooling solution. However those kind of cooler are all HUGE, and according to Tesla1856 it seems that there is no cheap way to rearrange the motherboard fan so that I can use the air cooler.

In a result, I think all is left is using a silent liquid cooler. Someone has an idea on how loud are the watercooler pump usually, and if there's some specific model considered effective and quiet ?

Thank you.

No Events found!