Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2013 09:00

Alienware Aurora R4 not booting up after Restart

Hi there. My Aurora R4 has just arrived. Everything is running well except when you are prompt to restart your system after any new  installed programs and by just simply restarting,  it wont boot up I mean I know the PC is running but there is no display in my Monitor. I have to make a Force shut down and Power it up again. Any suggestions?

13 Posts

September 8th, 2013 17:00

To top that, After browsing around here in the community I found out that I have connect my monitor cable to the Secondary VGA slot not the Primary since my system arrived with the primary VGA slot  with the plastic cap so I did. It still working with display but its not showing the Bios start up.

I did reconnect it now to the Primary slot and it did Boot Up with the Bios, but after that no display was shown on my monitor and my system is still running. What the heck is happening?

Any advise? 

September 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi vernonmaxel, I would recommend you to reinstall the video drivers, you can follow the steps here. If the issue persists then it might be a hardware issue, if possible, you can test the computer with one GPU at the time. Here's a video on how to remove the GPU. 

13 Posts

September 9th, 2013 15:00

Thanks Dani L for the reply!

It did solved my issue on the Monitor working on the primary VGA slot. Its booting properly now with the Bios. But still whenever I click the Restart button it shows the Bios Start up now and then it wont continue to log in to Windows, it will just simply suspend it. I have to make a hard reboot.

I will appreciate if you could help me on this. 

September 9th, 2013 16:00

This problem seems to be software related. Try to disable the Windows updates and restart the computer to check if that makes any difference. If that doesn't work the you can perform a clean boot.

13 Posts

September 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Dani!

I did try all those suggestion that yo asked me to. Still have the same problem. After I followed the steps on  the Clean Boot, it prompts me to restart and then same thing it didn't go to the Windows I have to make a hard reboot again. 

What do I do? 

September 10th, 2013 08:00

Have you tested the computer in safe mode to see if the same thing happens? You can access Safe Mode by pressing the 'F8' key repeatedly while the computer is booting up. Please let me know if you get the same problem.

13 Posts

September 10th, 2013 08:00

Same thing Dani.

Its still not booting up

September 10th, 2013 10:00

Try installing the latest version for the BIOS, once you have it installed, restart the computer and press the 'F2' key repeatedly while the computer is booting up. Then, go to the 'Boot' tab and make sure 'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled. If they are not set up this way you can change them, then safe the changes and exit. 

13 Posts

September 10th, 2013 11:00

I am currently running on the latest Bios A07. Do you want me to do this:

go to the 'Boot' tab and make sure 'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled. If they are not set up this way you can change them, then safe the changes and exit. 

As you suggested?

I am currently running on the latest Bios A07. Do you want me to do this:

go to the 'Boot' tab and make sure 'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled. If they are not set up this way you can change them, then safe the changes and exit. 

As you suggested?

Yes, still do it, just to make sure it's not a problem with the settings on the BIOS.

13 Posts

Yup I have checked it  it is set like that 

'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled

its not the problem at Bios Settings

September 10th, 2013 12:00

In that case you can either restore the computer back to factory settings using AlienRespawn, or you can do a clean re-installation of the OS.

13 Posts

September 11th, 2013 07:00

it seems to be our last resort. i will do that later on i need my CPU now to do my work. Anyway if I respawn to factory default, will it format my drive D as well? All my files are in there.

September 11th, 2013 12:00

It's always recommended to back up your files first, however Alien Respawn is not supposed to delete your files, it only deletes applications/software that were installed after you got the computer.

December 6th, 2013 12:00

what he is trying to say is that the computer will not boot at all to bios it shuts off before it can make it to bios.

he wants to reset to factory settings without booting to bios

mine is doing the same thing will not boot to bios it shuts down before it can get them.

There is a problem with overclocking in bios if you try and overclock to a higher voltage it will not boot back up.

No Events found!