RE: Alienware Aurora R4 not booting up after Restart

I am currently running on the latest Bios A07. Do you want me to do this:

go to the 'Boot' tab and make sure 'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled. If they are not set up this way you can change them, then safe the changes and exit. 

As you suggested?

Yes, still do it, just to make sure it's not a problem with the settings on the BIOS.

Dani L
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
Opening your case and/or replacing parts yourself does not void your warranty! 
For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos
vernonmaxel
1 Nickel

Yup I have checked it  it is set like that 

'Secure Boot' is disabled and 'Legacy Option Rom' is enabled

its not the problem at Bios Settings

________________________________________________________________________________
Alienware Aurora R4
Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.2-3.9GHz
16 Gb DDR3(1600MHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2.00 GB SLI
256 SSD+1TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M17XR3 1

2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM Processor 2.5GHz
16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM(4x4GB) 1
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 1
RAID 0 (Striped Disk Array) 1
7200RPM 2nd Hard Drive
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
0 Kudos

In that case you can either restore the computer back to factory settings using AlienRespawn, or you can do a clean re-installation of the OS.

Dani L
For US and Canada, if you have any questions about upgrades contact us at alienwareupgrades@dell.com
YouTube Logo Check out our disassemble videos on YouTube | If you need extra assistance please use Facebook Logo Twitter Logo, I can't always reply to PM's

0 Kudos
vernonmaxel
1 Nickel

it seems to be our last resort. i will do that later on i need my CPU now to do my work. Anyway if I respawn to factory default, will it format my drive D as well? All my files are in there.

________________________________________________________________________________
Alienware Aurora R4
Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.2-3.9GHz
16 Gb DDR3(1600MHz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2.00 GB SLI
256 SSD+1TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M17XR3 1

2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM Processor 2.5GHz
16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM(4x4GB) 1
750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive 1
RAID 0 (Striped Disk Array) 1
7200RPM 2nd Hard Drive
2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
0 Kudos

It's always recommended to back up your files first, however Alien Respawn is not supposed to delete your files, it only deletes applications/software that were installed after you got the computer.

Dani L

0 Kudos
johnnyb1871
1 Copper

what he is trying to say is that the computer will not boot at all to bios it shuts off before it can make it to bios.

he wants to reset to factory settings without booting to bios

mine is doing the same thing will not boot to bios it shuts down before it can get them.

There is a problem with overclocking in bios if you try and overclock to a higher voltage it will not boot back up.

0 Kudos

I tried to overclock my alienware aurora R4 and now doesnt start? What can I do? I didn't do anything wrong, please HELP!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I tried to overclock my alienware aurora R4 and now doesnt start? What can I do? I have to reset BIOS via JUMPER?, please HELP! 

0 Kudos
Alienware-Naomi
4 Germanium

I tried to overclock my alienware aurora R4 and now doesnt start? What can I do? I have to reset BIOS via JUMPER?, please HELP! 

Hi,
Did you overclock from the BIOS or did you use a different software? Does the system power on at all? Do you get to the Alienware loading screen or Windows login screen?

Alienware-Naomi
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos