Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

May 22nd, 2017 11:00

Alienware Aurora r6 dynamic lighting?

I have the Aurora R6 and in AlienFX I can only select Basic themes, and when I try to create my own advanced theme I can't add more than one action to the zones, only a single static color. The AlienFX help document says static zones are only available for laptops.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 13:00

Hi, 

Right, unfortunately, that feature is not supported for our Aurora models. 

2 Posts

August 20th, 2017 22:00

Fyi:

According to the official description on the website, it advertises dynamic lighting under the "features" section of the Aurora R6 page. The description is probably out of date but misleading nonetheless. Recently just received my R6 and was expecting dynamic lighting. 

"

EXPERIENCE THE FULL SPECTRUM.

AlienFX uses 20 different colors to create 8,000 unique themes to give your machine a more personalized look. Supported on over 130 titles, lighting zones can be customized to react to things like in game actions, powering on and off, and notifications by pulsing, morphing or simply holding a solid color. Once you’ve finished your theme, you can save and upload it to the Alienware Arena community site where you can share your custom creation with others and download any you find. And for times when you want a little less visual stimulation, AlienFX allows you to “go dark” by disabling all lighting effects until you’re ready to turn them back on.

"

1 Message

September 1st, 2017 16:00

I'm with WereHound on this one. Also just received the aurora r6 and was under the impression that there would be dynamic lighting.... only spent 4k on a computer lol. nbd...

No Events found!