Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2012 23:00

Alienware Command Center M14X R2

Hey so I've been browsing the forums looking for some information but now I'm stuck, here's what happened.

So I upgraded to windows 8 recently after a lot of problems I had to clean install Windows 8. After installing all the drivers I could I re-downloaded ACC. My computer kept having problems sleeping and dimming the monitor, it would freeze my whole computer and I would have to hard reset it. I just uninstalled it and tried to re-install it. However its giving me an error message saying my computer isn't compatible and won't install.

Please help and thank you for any responses.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 19th, 2012 13:00

Mjolnir106,

What version of the CC did you download?

A new AWCC version has been released but it is within the Alienware TactX Keyboard/Mouse software download. A user who installed it told me that the Desktop version is 2.8.11.0. I have verified that the Laptop version is 2.8.10.0. I loaded the Laptop version on my M18x-R1. It successfully upgraded 2.6.10.0 to 2.8.10.0.

* Download this Alienware Tact X Software & Driver for Keyboard and Mouse file to your windows desktop http://dell.to/UIjbIX
* Run the file and it will automatically expand to C:\Dell\Drivers\YV7PN\
* Open C:\Dell\Drivers\YV7PN\
* Open 1.10.39a.GM
* Open CD
* Open 2a-AWCC
* Open 2.8
* Open Laptops and run the setup file

1 Message

May 12th, 2015 00:00

so i also did a fresh install and my acc just brings up the color wheel and a grey screen behind it,i can do the other stuff in acc but not change the lighting any advice?

No Events found!