Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 10:00

Alienware Command Center Support for Windows 10?

Has anyone been able to get Alienware Command Center to operate in Windows 10?

When I did the upgrade install it disappeared, I rolled back to Windows 7 due to major issues, hangs, and crashes related to doing the install over the top of Windows 7..

As a result, I did a clean install which operates just fine..  However, Alienware Command Center will not install and fails stating that Windows 10 does not support it..

So as of now I have no control over any of my FX or other features under CC.

Also noted that this software hasn't been updated in a couple of years now..  So is Dell going to get off their back sides and update this or roll out a new package to handle all the features that CC did?

4 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

I'm having the same issues after a fresh Win 10 install on my M17x-R2

Also my Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard is completely missing from device manager and the driver is incompatible with Win 10.  

86 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Do you have any success with the Broadcom Bluetooth Update?

https://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=2

If that doesn't work try the Broadcom Lenovo driver, forum users are reporting success with it:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759

4 Posts

August 7th, 2015 16:00

I had this problem too. You need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 first, then re-run the Alienware Command Center installation.  

www.microsoft.com/.../confirmation.aspx

4 Posts

August 7th, 2015 16:00

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight and report back.

Edit:

Still unable to get Bluetooth working. It doesn't even show up in the Device Manager in Windows 10.

Everything works fine in Windows 7.

5 Posts

August 16th, 2015 19:00

I couldn't  run the 3.5 sp1 net framework program to install it on my computer. Windows 10 said the program is not compatible.

My Alienware Respawn (Backup program) and the Command Center with all of it's functions are still not usable.

5 Posts

October 19th, 2015 02:00

just got Command center 4.0 working on my 2015 AW 17 R2 windows 10 home 64 bit. im not sure which part/parts of the prosess fixed the install problem but the steps were as follows

1.  search for "turn windows feature on or off" in the taskbar search

2. tick all boxes in .net framework 3.0 and in .net framework 4.6 and apply the changes

3. downloaded the command center 4.0 file from the dell drivers page

4. open as administrator and DONT hit install, clicked extract and extracted to a folder 

5. in extracted folder run the setup file as administrator and it ran the install process without a problem

6. restart 

October 19th, 2015 10:00

what does "tick" mean please? check the box or uncheck the box? thanks

5 Posts

October 20th, 2015 00:00

I was also having problems installing other drivers like on screen display and extracting and running the

Setup file as admin also worked fine after I got command centre working

5 Posts

October 20th, 2015 00:00

Check all boxes.

October 20th, 2015 11:00

Thanks for the reply and the solution. I tried every solution I could find on the internet about this Windows 10 conflict and your answer is the only one that helped. Much appreciated. :)

22 Posts

October 20th, 2015 16:00

cheers for that what a pain this windows 10 is 

5 Posts

October 20th, 2015 23:00

i tried everywhere as well and nothing helped, then i noticed the extract button n thought its worth a try

22 Posts

October 21st, 2015 05:00

Hi ok 1 thing did you turn net work framework stuff back on and what are the  consequences Of leaving it turned off

2 Posts

October 21st, 2015 08:00

Hi, I have the same problem but now its working with my laptop, try the link below.

www.userdrivers.com/.../download

No Events found!