Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2010 13:00

Alienware Highend computer with low end keyboard and mouse

I have recently bought an Alienware Desktop. It is supposed to be high end computer. I paid a high price for it too. But guess what !!! It comes with the cheapest plasticky keyboard and mouse which no one probably buy even for £5. I must say I have always bought from dell and over the years have bought laptops and desktop from Dell. Products are usually staisfactory and upto the standard. But this time I was totally disappointed. Unfortunately I was not in the country to take the delivery and inspect the whole lot. The delivery was signed by my wife who has no interest in computers whatsoever and when after two weeks I came to see the computer which was still in the box I was surprised to see the keyboard and mouse of such a low quality. I tried using it but the feel of it is worst then its looks. So I am stuck with a computer which I can not return or spend more money to buy another keyboard and mouse.

Dell standars are falling and they are cutting corners to put in cheap accessories on top end computers. I will not suggest anyone to buy from Dell after getting my latest so-called top of the range computer.

217 Posts

February 10th, 2010 20:00

I thought I was bad. :) I agree that the standard mouse and keyboard are junk... but if you're going to drop that kind of money on machine like that, it may make sense to set aside 40 or 50 bucks for a decent mouse/keyboard combo.

63 Posts

February 11th, 2010 08:00

This might also help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-peripheral-mouse-keyboard,2467.html?xtmc=gaming_peripherals&xtcr=1

63 Posts

February 11th, 2010 08:00

I try to stay away from these kinds of posts, but this one really made me laugh.

You are complaining about the entire system because you didn't purchase a good keyboard/mouse?  Dell gave you free Alienware branded standard keyboard/mouse, they could have shipped nothing with it.  If you want matching high-end peripherals to match your system, then buy them.  Dell sells the TactX keyboard/mouse, which are great.  I bought the TactX keyboard and use it, but I already had a Logitech G9 mouse (looks similar to the TactX mouse).

Thanks for the entertainment :)

3 Posts

February 13th, 2010 17:00

I am sure it was entertainment for you since you missed the point completely. When someone is paying top money for a product then common sense says if the accompanying accessories are not matching the price then it basically is cutting corners. Off course one can spend more money but how would you know untill you have seen and felt the product. With Dell that can only be done once the it is delivered. There is no way you can predict that with that high priced computer one will be getting a cheap key board and mouse. If you go to a computer store you can make your own mind when you have seen what you are buying. The whole point of this was not to trust Dell with a quality product matching the price. I am sure you will again find it entertaining perhaps you are not capable of understanding a simple point. By the way do you work for Dell?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 13th, 2010 17:00

None of these users work for Dell. Any Dell emplyoyee out here will have a DELL-name ID.

No Events found!