Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 07:00

Alienware M11X R2 Crashing regularly

Hello all,

I have a Alienware M11x R2 i7 with 4GB RAM. 

Recently my machine has started to crash randomly and fairly frequently. I cannot narrow this down to a particular activity as this happens when gaming or simply browsing. This has also happened when I have simply left the machine idling, only to come back and find it frozen. The screen freezes completely and will stay that way for hours forcing me to hold the power button to manually turn the machine off. When this happens the keyboard illuminations and fan are still running. The Alienware power button does not display any error codes (coloured flashing).

I have checked the Event Log which shows no Software or Hardware errors at the time of freezing. I have recently restored the machine back to factory installed in settings and this has not helped either. I have been making sure that the machine is well ventilated so it is not overheating.

Any ideas on what would cause this as I am running out of things to try.

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 13th, 2012 09:00

Have you check to see if the PSA Diagnostics is loaded? If not, do so and if there, run them.

February 15th, 2012 03:00

Thanks I will take a look and see if I get an error code. This machine doesn't boot with a Dell screen so assume F12 is the same for an Alienware machine?

No Events found!