A

June 22nd, 2011 09:00

Alienware M11x R2 HDMI port not working

My girlfriend got her Alienware M11x R2 about 6 months ago

Spec: 

CPU i7

Ram 8gb

HDD 320 gb

She has been using the HDMI port to connect an external monitor at home, but now it's not working anymore.

I tried to use different hdmi cables on different monitors, and they seem to have the same problem, it' displayed " no signal" and the laptop can't detect the display also.

It works when I connect on the Display Port. 

I don't know what happen with the HDMI port, so can anyone help me with this. 

2 Posts

July 30th, 2011 06:00

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Initially it worked when I hooked it up to a Samsung LCD monitor via an HDMI to DVI connector.  All of a sudden it died, and now all I get is "No Signal".  I've tried 2 different monitors and 4 LCD TVs (hdmi to hdmi)  -- same result.

Help please!!!!!

August 5th, 2011 17:00

I have exactly the same problem. The M11x HDMI output just stopped working one day. This is really annoying, since the machine is powerful enough to use a bigger monitor but obviously the built-in monitor is too small for extended use.

Please advise on what to do with this problem, Dell.

1 Message

August 19th, 2011 09:00

Same Exact problem!! HELP DELL COME ON!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 19th, 2011 16:00

Z-Man007, diamondmine, rpc72, aznjin20,

Send me a Private Message (click my username, click Send Message) with your service tag numbers.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 21st, 2011 14:00

When attempting to use HDMI out, are you first forcing the Nvidia Optimus to use the discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 335m instead of the onboard Intel GMA 4500MHD?

2 Posts

August 21st, 2011 21:00

Yup. I activated the Nvidia GPU by launching a GPU benchmark app and verified that the Nvida GPU was being used by looking at the system tray app.

August 24th, 2011 00:00

strangely, my HDMI port started working again a few days later...

All i did was use a quick 'dust-off' on the port and from the inside after removing the bottom shell.

No Events found!