Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2013 21:00

Alienware M17x-R3 aero not working?

I've had my M17x for a little over a year and for the most part I have not used the 3d, but it did work when I first got my laptop. Then recently I went to try and use it and it did not work. I tried the Enable 3D Vision program and it loaded for a bit and then didn't do anything. Than I tried the 3D pictures preview and it tried to load and then nothing came up. Then I went into the Nvidia Control Panel and tried to enable stereoscopic 3D that way, and again it loads and than doesn't do anything. Then I tried to run the Setup Wizard and I got the same result. I tried updating my driver but that didn't help and then I tried running a clean instillation and than an older version, and still nothing has worked. Also when I run the driver update just before it finishes i get a popup that says that the desktop window manager has crashed (at least I think that is the correct program). Can anyone help me with this? I've read some other post about these kind of issues but no one seems to be having the same problems I have.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 21st, 2013 06:00

draycos11,

Remove the retail video card drivers and reinstall our OEM driver. Then retest.

4 Posts

March 21st, 2013 12:00

I did this and now I have 3D but my aero effects no longer work. I tried re-installing my OSD, which is what usually fixes this but it has not changed anything.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 22nd, 2013 07:00

Did 3D and aero work out of the box?

4 Posts

March 22nd, 2013 12:00

Yes it did

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 25th, 2013 06:00

Ok. So some software you added was the culprit to effect aero. You need to start removing software one at a time checking for working aero until you find it. Then reinstall the other software that was nto the culprit.

No Events found!