Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2013 05:00

Alienware M17x R5 harddisk test failed

Hi, all

I have recently purchased an alienware m17x R5. To be honest I have not had an alienware before. My computer works flawlessly until last week when i turned it on in the morning and started to hear loud noise, sounded like hard-disk noise. I restarted my computer for around 4 times until the noise was gone. And it has been working ok now. Anyway, this morning I just used my alienautospy to check the system which i never used it before it showing the harddisk failure in my primary harddisk.

The errors are:

Linear read test 2                         WHD38-KA0

SMART short self test                  WHD16-U2I

Targeted read test                        WHD20-UWH

Capture.JPG

Should i be concerned? or it is normal to does this ? or should i try restoring the system?

Thanks guys

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

August 27th, 2013 05:00

Hi Wood P,

This indicates the Hard drive failure on the computer. You may backup data as soon as possible as the Hard drive is on its way out.

You may also rerun the diagnostics on the Hard drive. Restart the computer and tap F12 during startup and Select Diagnostics and now select Hard drive and run diagnostics.

Let me know the results.

6 Posts

August 27th, 2013 06:00

Dear Rajesh R,

I have tried restarting and ran the diagnostic, the same error still persists on my harddisk1

Details of errors:

Errorr code 2000-0142

Validation 84265

Msg: harddisk 1 - S/N WD-WXJ1E23FWKC5, short self test unsuccessful

Please advise me further on how i could get this repair or how should report this to dell?

Do you recommend restoring the system to factory default? could it be some programme i installed?

6 Posts

August 27th, 2013 15:00

Hi Alexander,

I have got it sorted now. I actually live in UK, so i called Dell and they will get technician to come assist me tomorrow  thanks you for trying to help me out here.

August 27th, 2013 15:00

Hi Wood P,

Do you have an active warranty? If you live in the US or Canada, add me as a friend and then send me your service tag through a private message to assist you with your problem.

August 27th, 2013 16:00

Thanks for the update there Wood P. Cheers

No Events found!