Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 03:00

Alienware X51 r2 noisy CPU fan

Hello,

I have recently realised off this forum (link below), that my current DC Brushless CPU fan is the root of all evil with the noise it causes. Believe it or not I have put up with this issue for the better part of a year and a half because I thought it was normal - apparently not. I am wondering that, is it possible to get a replacement fan (RR3J2 AVC CPU fan - proven to be the fix) here in Australia. My warranty is up but I am happy to pay for the part.

Thanks.

en.community.dell.com/.../19438386

• 

2.7K Posts

April 8th, 2015 14:00

In that case it will be better if you contact the technical support site in your country so they can assist you finding the replacement for the CPU fan. 

April 15th, 2015 00:00

Okay, so the dell tech came around (very nice guy) and basically replaced the cpu fan with the same model, to clear it up I need this fan (if it still exists) but dell Australia (over the phone) don't want a bar of it any time I mention the different model. 8508.8625.IMG_3058.JPG

June 13th, 2015 01:00

No, it's wasn't great news as the issue was with the fan model. So the issue wasn't resolved. I tolerated the problem for a few more months and built my own computer.

As to the fan, ask dell that question not me.

25 Posts

June 13th, 2015 01:00

Great news!

Did he replace the complete cpu cooler unit or just the fan?

I'm wondering if I bought a Noctua 8cm fan whether I'd be able to simply switch it over?

No Events found!