So last night i updated my bios from A06-> A07 -> A11. After the A07 update I turned off the computer to see if the bios is working fine, however it didn't shutdown. The monitor is off but the Cpu's fan/lights are still on so i updated it again to the latest bios which is A11 for my pc but that didn't fix the problem. when i shut it down( currently on a11 bios) the problem still persist, i cant shut it down properly and i cant even put it to sleep because the same problem occurs.
It was working perfectly whilst it was on A06, i only did that update because some said it would fix the loud fan noises of x51. I'm gonna be calling Dell's customer service soon. I only posted here to see any additional help because sometimes the customer service doesn't really help as much.
Any help would be great tnx
1. Try to shut down your system by pressing and holding the power button.
2. When the machine is off, unplug all the external devices including the power cord, press and hold the power button for 1 minute
3. Plug everything back into the system.
4. Plug the system straight to a good wall outlet.
4. Turn on the system and then try to turned off.
Please let me know how it goes.
- Power drain, unplug all the external devices including the power cord, press and hold the power button for 1 minute
If the issue persists after performing the steps above, send me a PM with your service tag, phone number, add the link for this thread and I'll get back to you.